AWS Lambda - A Practical Guide - Learn from an Expert
What you'll learn
- AWS Lambda Fundamentals
- A Practical Guide to Learning AWS Lambda Based on Real Life Experience
- Advanced Concepts Including Scaling, Concurrency, and Monitoring Tips
- Create, Code, and Deploy AWS Lambda Functions both in the console and with CDK
- 3 Practical Projects Using a Combination of Console and CDK
- A Windows, Mac, or Linux Computer
- A Basic Understanding of AWS Concepts (IAM Permissions, Databases, Events)
- An AWS Account
- Basic programming knowledge (preferably Python)
- Command Line Familiarity
(updated August 2023)
I am a Senior Software Engineer that has worked at Amazon nearly a decade. I made this course to help you learn the fundamentals of AWS Lambda using a practical approach that is focused around examples and practical projects. Absolutely zero AWS Lambda experience is required.
What makes this course different than others?
After helping millions of developers learn through my YouTube channel (Be a Better Dev), I found there was very little material that focused on learning AWS Lambda from a practical perspective. Much of the content being offered on Udemy and elsewhere focuses mainly on theory, with very little commentary on what it actually takes to build and run Lambda based applications at scale.
This course leverages my 10 years of industry experience building Lambda based applications. I've built small microservices for APIs, and large event processing systems handling billions of requests of day.
This course teaches you what you need to know and provides practical tips gained from real world usage. You simply wont learn this anywhere else.
AWS Lambda Fundamental Concepts
How AWS Lambda works behind the scenes
How To Create, Deploy, and Debug Lambda Applications
How To Develop and Deploy Lambda based applications using CDK
Advanced concepts such as Concurrency, Monitoring, Service Integration,
3 Practical Projects that Integrate With Other AWS Services (Cloudwatch Events, API Gateway, and SQS).
And much much more
In addition to that, I will be constantly updating course content as new features get released for AWS Lambda. So what are you waiting for? Enroll now and lets start learning AWS Lambda!
I am a Senior Software Engineer Amazon. I've been using AWS services since 2015 and began using Lambda shortly after its launch date in 2015.
This course will help you ramp up quickly and teach you what you need to know about AWS Lambda.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone looking to learn AWS Lambda quickly
- Anyone looking to learn and use AWS Lambda to run production applications
- Anyone looking to understand advanced scaling concepts of AWS Lambda
- Anyone looking for tips running Lambda workloads at scale
My name is Daniel Galati and I am a Senior Software Engineer working at a big tech company.
I've been working in tech for nearly 10 years, 7 of which have been while working with AWS technologies.
I also have a Youtube channel called 'Be A Better Dev' where I help my audience of more than 75,000 users learn the fundamentals of AWS and Software Development.
When I'm not working on my YouTube channel, you'll find me reading software development books or on my bike (or both at the same time!).