AWS Serverless - Lambda & API Gateway - Complete Guide 2018
What you'll learn
- After taking this course you will be able to confidently talk about AWS Lambda
- You will learn how Lambda functions are created and deployed
- You will learn life cycle span of Lambda functions
- Your will learn how to design and write API's with Lambda and API Gateway
- You will learn hands-on how to implement API caching, throttling, stages, authentication and more
- Learn how to trigger Lambds functions from Kinesis and DynamoDB
- Some basic knowledge of AWS services will be helpful
In 2014, Amazon introduced AWS Lambda which forever changed the way we think about how to design backend systems. Be it API's or simply data processing tasks.
This course will give you a thorough understanding of Lambda functions. We use a very hands-on approaching to learning about the serverless functionalities around Lambda.
1. How to write them ?
2. How do they get executed ? What is their life-cycle ? When does Lambda environment halt execution of these functions ?
3. How do you connect them to other AWS services like DynamoDb and Kinesis
4. How do you create API's using Lambda functions.
5. How do you implement API stages, caching, throttling and authentication.
6. We create a Single page front-end application and then authenticate this application using Cognito, API Gateway and Lambda functions.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who want to learn about AWS Lambda
- Anyone who wants to learn how to design and deploy APIs using Lambda
I have been a software engineer since 2003. I am an avid learner as well as instructor on Udemy.
As such I am a big Fan of technologies such as NodeJs, Angular, Serverless functions, Release Automation, Data Engineering, Big Query and more.
I have published a few courses on Udemy and I hope you enjoy the same.