What you'll learn
- Foundations of Cloud Computing on AWS and Linode
- Cloud Computing Service Models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- Deploying and Configuring a Virtual Instance on Linode and AWS
- Secure Remote Administration for Virtual Instances using SSH
- Working with SSH Key Pair Authentication
- The Foundations of Linux (Maintenance, Directory Commands, User Accounts, Filesystem)
- The Foundations of Web Servers (NGINX vs Apache)
- Foundations of Databases (SQL vs NoSQL), Database Transaction Standards (ACID vs CAP)
- Key Terminology for Full Stack Development and Cloud Administration
- Installing and Configuring LAMP Stack on Ubuntu (Linux, Apache, MariaDB, PHP)
- Server Security Foundations (Network vs Hosted Firewalls).
- Horizontal and Vertical Scaling of a virtual instance on Linode using NodeBalancers
- Creating Manual and Automated Server Images and Backups on Linode
- Understanding the Cloud Computing Phenomenon as Applicable to AWS
- The Characteristics of Cloud Computing as Applicable to AWS
- Cloud Deployment Models (Private, Community, Hybrid, VPC)
- Foundations of AWS (Registration, Global vs Regional Services, Billing Alerts, MFA)
- AWS Identity and Access Management (Mechanics, Users, Groups, Policies, Roles)
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) - (AMIs, EC2 Users, Deployment, Elastic IP, Security Groups, Remote Admin)
- Foundations of the Document Object Model (DOM)
- Manipulating the DOM
- Foundations of ReactJS (Code Pen, JSX, Components, Props, Events, State Hook, Debugging)
- Intermediate React (Passing Props, Destrcuting, Styling, Key Property, AI, Conditional Rendering, Deployment)
- Building a Fully Customized E-Commerce Site in React
- Intermediate React Concepts (JSON Server, Fetch API, React Router, Styled Components, Refactoring, UseContext Hook, UseReducer, Form Validation)
- Basic computer skills.
- Basic knowledge of markup languages (HTML and CSS).
- No programming experience needed. You will learn everything you need to know.
Welcome to our latest course. Here, you will learn how to deploy fully scalable React web apps on some of the most powerful cloud computing platforms available, including AWS and Linode. The course starts with exploring the foundations of cloud computing where we dive into a comprehensive overview of the three main cloud service models. This includes: Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. From there we offer an in-depth guide to deploying and configuring virtual instances and the foundations of remote server administration and server security using SSH. Students are then introduced to Linux, where we explore various Linux distributions, the Linux filesystem, and essential Linux maintenance and directory commands.
Once students have a handle on working with Linux, we’ll dive into the foundations of Web Servers. Here, we’ll explore two industry leaders in the server software space including Apache and NGINX. Students will learn the benefits and use cases of each server technology, combined with an in-depth technical analysis of their performance in production environments. From there we’ll explore database management systems, including both SQL and NoSQL databases, coupled with database transaction standards. In this section students gain valuable insights into a variety of different database options available, and the best use case for each depending on the project type and complexity.
With a firm handle on the theoretical aspects of web servers and DBMSes, we jump into a practical guide to setting up LAMP stack on Ubuntu through terminal for MacOS and PuTTY for Windows. Here we configure Linux with Apache, MariaDB, and PHP. Students will also learn how to upload data to a MariaDB database, and fetch records from within PHP scripts. The course then takes a theoretical and practical deep dive into server security. Here, we explore both network and hosted firewalls. We emphasize the pitfalls of lax server configurations, and provide a step-by-step guide to enabling and setting up UFW for Ubuntu. Students will also learn how to configure custom ports for SSH tunneling as an added layer of security.
The second half of the course provides a comprehensive guide to Amazon Web Services. We start with demonstrating how to setup, secure, and navigate an AWS account. This includes setting up billing alerts and multi-factor authentication. From there, we take a deep dive into AWS Identity and Access management for enhanced account security, and the management of user accounts for various AWS services. Here we explore IAM User management and permissions, IAM Groups, IAM Policies, and access key rotation. Following the IAM section, we’ll jump into the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) service. In this module students lean to deploy virtual instances on AWS using Amazon Machine Images, Elastic IPs, and Launch Templates. We will also explore IAM roles for EC2, EC2 Security Groups, SSH key pair authentication, and remote administration using both terminal and EC2 Instance connect.
As you can see this course covers a tremendous bit of ground. Best of all it’s co-authored by Tim Maclachlan - a renowned senior full-stack developer with over 20 years of commercial development experience. As a multi-faceted developer, Tim specializes in algorithmic, analytical and mobile development. To date, he’s written hundreds of applications and worked in a number of industries from commercial aviation and military, to banking and finance. Tim has a genuine passion for teaching others how to become better coders and looks forward to interacting with his students.
With that said, we hope you’re just as excited about this course as we are, if so - hit that enroll button and let’s get started.
Who this course is for:
- Students interested in the Foundations of Cloud Computing including Cloud Service and Deployment Models
- Students interested in working with Powerful Cloud Computing Platforms including AWS and Linode
- Students interested in learning the Foundations of Linux and the Ubuntu Linux Distribution
- Students interested in installing and configuring LAMP Stack on a remote Virtual Instance
- Students interested in the Foundations of Web Server technology including Apache and NGINX
- Students interested in the Foundations of Database Management Systems (DBMS), including SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Students interested in administering cloud servers using AWS
- Students interested in learning about AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Students interested in deploying and configuring Amazon EC2 Instances
- Students interested in building interactive front-end UI's using React JS
YouAccel was founded in 2015 with the mission to be one of the most interactive e-learning platforms on the web. YouAccel is now a leading provider in online training, serving a global audience of over 2 million passionate learners. This includes 6+ Million enrollments, across 50 best-selling courses. YouAccel offers courses across numerous industries from Programming & IT to Business, Marketing, Design, and Productivity.
The e-learning experience provided by YouAccel is Dynamic. Each course is streamed in High Definition with corresponding assignments, quizzes, and exams that are delivered and graded electronically. All YouAccel courses are taught by certified educators that have numerous years of work experience in the field for which they provide instruction. The courses can be taken at one's own pace and are offered at several levels including beginner, intermediate and advanced. Taking the experience to a new personalized level, free support is available to all students who register for a course. All courses come with a certificate of completion and no age restrictions apply.
YouAccel strongly believes that the future of online learning will be through open community-based initiatives, where everyone’s voice is equally heard. This is exactly what YouAccel strives to achieve – an inclusive environment, where students have control over the direction of course content. YouAccel courses are continuously updated based on feedback from students and engaged community members. YouAccel instructors encourage communication at every step of the learning process. To date, hundreds of contributors around the globe have invested both time and resources, to ensure YouAccel courses meet the highest level of quality. YouAccel instructors are world renowned and many of them have been featured in mainstream publications such as Forbes, Mashable, Entrepreneur, and PBS among others.