AWS IoT: The Hobbyists Guide to Home Automation
What you'll learn
- Build an AWS IoT Deployment Strategy for thousands of sensors
- Raspberry Pi Full Deployment aligning to good security practices
- Embedded Software development for the ESP32
- Develop Python services to interact with AWS IoT
- Use MQTT to Publish / Subscribe to Cloud Brokers
- Use Node-RED Flows to Design Interactive Data routes and alerts
- Build and Deploy a working Slack Chatbot that will alert about data events
- Access to a computer (Windows, MacOS, Linux)
- Raspberry Pi + Optional ESP32 Embedded Device
- Amazon AWS Account (Free Tier)
AWS IoT Core is rapidly looking to become the industry leader in Management & Orchestration of Internet of Things (IoT) devices for both the home, small business and enterprise marketplaces.
When you think about the tight integration it has with all other offerings through AWS Its hard not to see the immense benefits of managing an Infinite number of devices in the cloud.
In this course you'll learn all the offerings that AWS IoT Core and much more!
- Raspberry Pi - You'll learn to take your Raspberry Pi and turn it into an IoT hub, bridging the AWS IoT Cloud services with your home network.
- ESP32 Micro-controller - If you have access to an ESP32, you'll learn how to connect it up to AWS IoT Core
- PlatformIO - Develop for any embedded system using one code base! Make use of PlatformIO's Unified development environment to write once, deploy to thousands
- AWS Lambda - Learn to connect Cloud Functions to your AWS IoT sensor flows, and perform analytics at the Edge
- Node-RED - Make use of Node-RED's incredible Flow control system and develop complex data paths using easy to understand; drag and drop techniques.
- Slack Bot - You'll create a Slack bot that will send you alerts in realtime about changes to the data coming from your sensors.
Who this course is for:
- Hobbyists looking to take their sensors onto the AWS IoT Cloud
- Embedded Developers looking to adopt emerging cloud paradigms
- Beginners looking to take their Raspberry Pi projects to the next level
- AWS Enthusiasts and Web Developers looking to learn Embedded development
Creator of ALL things AWESOME!
Bachelor of Technology with a Major in Computer Systems and Networking, I've always had a strong desire to make amazing things with the technical skill I learn.
I've recently taken up developing Ethereum Smart contracts using the Solidity programming language and have deployed a number of small successful distributed applications (DApps).
When I'm not writing distributed and immutable code, I'm usually soldering electronics and writing code for some of my IoT home automation projects, and also working on Unity3D game development.