AWS CodePipeline Step by Step
What you'll learn
- Create CI/CD pipelines using AWS CodePipeline to automate your deployments to Amazon EC2, ECS and S3.
- Use AWS CodeCommit, AWS CodeBuild, AWS CodeDeploy with AWS CodePipeline.
- Learn AWS CodeDeploy in-place all-at-once, rolling and blue-green deployments with EC2 auto scaling and load balancing.
- Build your Docker images With CodeBuild and deploy them to ECS as rolling deployments with CodePipeline.
- Use AWS CloudFormation with AWS CodePipeline to create and delete stacks automatically in each execution.
- Configure manual approval actions and pipeline notifications on your pipelines.
- View AWS CodeBuild build logs and AWS CodeDeploy deployment logs.
- Understand how AWS CodePipeline works in detail.
- Intermediate-level AWS knowledge. It is recommended to have hands-on experience in manual deployments on AWS.
- Basic Git knowledge and experience in using Git commands from the command line.
- An AWS account which you have administrator privileges. Using an AWS free-tier eligible one is recommended. But there may be slight costs while doing the examples.
- Not required, but basic YAML knowledge is recommended for some CodeBuild and CodeDeploy lectures.
- We use Linux instances in examples. Hence, basic Linux knowledge is recommended.
Would you like to automate your software deployment process on AWS?
Welcome to learn how to create CI/CD pipelines with AWS CodePipeline and automate your deployments to S3, EC2, and ECS from a senior AWS-certified DevOps engineer. You will learn with hands-on examples and detailed explanations!
In this course, you will learn AWS CodePipeline step by step:
Begin with AWS CodePipeline basics by creating a pipeline between two Amazon S3 buckets as the source and deploy locations.
Trigger your pipelines on CodePipeline using AWS CodeCommit and Git pushes. You will start hosting your source code in AWS Code Commit repositories.
Build and test your code automatically with AWS CodeBuild in each pipeline execution. Understand how Code Build works with AWS CodePipeline.
Integrate AWS CodeDeploy with AWS CodePipeline to deploy to Amazon EC2 instances. You will start with a single instance and proceed with multiple instances behind auto-scaling and load balancing. You will also learn different AWS Code Deploy deployment types and configurations, such as in-place rolling and blue-green.
Use AWS CloudFormation with AWS CodePipeline to create and delete stacks automatically in each pipeline execution. You will also learn to define manual approval actions and configure pipeline notifications.
Learn to build your Docker images with AWS CodeBuild and AWS CodePipeline and deploy them to Amazon ECR or Docker Hub automatically. Deploy your Docker containers to Amazon ECS as rolling deployments using the direct integration of AWS Code Pipeline with Amazon ECS.
You will also learn how to check your build and deployment logs in case of failures with examples.
What will you achieve after this course?
✓ You will understand how AWS CodePipeline works in detail.
✓ You will be able to use AWS Code Pipeline with other AWS developer tools, AWS CodeCommit, AWS CodeBuild, and AWS CodeDeploy, to create your CI/CD pipelines on AWS.
✓ You will be able to replace your manual deployment processes with automation to avoid human errors and minimize deployment failures.
✓ You will be able to apply one of the core practices of DevOps, Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment / Continuous Delivery, in your projects on AWS.
Why learn from me?
✓ AWS verified my knowledge and experience at the top level. I am a senior AWS consultant holding AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional and AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional certifications in addition to all 3 Associate-level AWS certificates.
✓ I have a software engineering background, a BS degree in Computer Engineering, and more than 17 years of professional experience in corporates and startups.
✓ I have been using AWS since 2013. I have built dozens of CI/CD pipelines on AWS using AWS Code Pipeline, AWS CodeCommit, AWS CodeBuild, and AWS CodeDeploy for my clients and projects.
✓ I learned by doing, and I teach both theory and practice according to the AWS best practices. I explain the features with hands-on examples and why to use them with advantages and disadvantages. So you will benefit from my experience as well as my knowledge.
Is this course for you?
I designed this course for beginners to AWS CodePipeline and assume that you have no or little experience in it.
This course is not for beginners of AWS. You should have intermediate-level AWS knowledge of core services.
Although I provide hands-on examples during the lectures, you should have basic Git knowledge and experience using Git commands from the command line.
I mostly use a basic Angular application in our practices, but you do not need to know Angular for them. We focus on AWS CodePipeline, not on any particular programming language or framework. The techniques taught in this course also apply to others.
I recommend you watch the free previews before enrolling.
Join this course and start learning AWS CodePipeline step by step with hands-on examples!
Who this course is for:
- Developers, system administrators or any AWS enthusiasts who would like to learn AWS CodePipeline to create their CI/CD workflows.
- Developers, system administrators or any AWS enthusiasts who deploy to Amazon EC2 or S3 and who would like to replace manual deployment processes with automation on AWS in order to avoid human errors.
- Developers, system administrators or any AWS enthusiasts who would like to minimize deployment failures on AWS.
I am a senior AWS architect with all Professional and Associate level AWS certifications:
⭑ AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional
⭑ AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional
⭒ AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate
⭒ AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate
⭒ AWS Certified Developer - Associate
I have a BS in Computer Engineering and over 15 years of professional experience in corporates and startups. I help my clients worldwide as a freelance AWS consultant in my company, Shikisoft.
I have a software engineering background with various programming languages and frameworks such as C#, Ruby on Rails, Python, Node.js, and Angular.
I have been working with AWS since 2013. As I gained more experience in provisioning and maintaining secure, scalable, and performance-efficient AWS environments in my projects, I eventually became an AWS and DevOps specialist.
I am a supporter of automation, DevOps, and serverless architectures. I have been actively writing posts on my blog and sharing my knowledge and experience with my courses on Udemy.
The speed of innovation is fast on the cloud. Therefore, learning new things is also a part of my life. If you are a beginner at AWS, please know that I started like you and gained AWS expertise step by step.
Join my courses, and let me help you become an AWS expert!