AWS CloudFormation Step By Step: Beginner to Intermediate
- 6 hours on-demand video
- 2 articles
- 67 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Manage your AWS infrastructure as code using AWS CloudFormation and YAML.
- Learn theory and practice from a Professional level certified AWS expert according to AWS best practices.
- Start from beginner and achieve an intermediate level on CloudFormation to use it for your provisioning needs on AWS.
- Write your own CloudFormation templates using YAML and define your AWS resources in them.
- Learn how to use AWS CloudFormation reference to define different types of AWS resources in your templates.
- Enrich your templates with parameters, mappings, conditions, metadata and outputs.
- Use change sets to update your CloudFormation stacks safely.
- Learn how to use CloudFormation commands of AWS CLI.
Meet the course instructor, Emre Yilmaz, and learn what will be covered in each section of the course briefly.
Learn what AWS CloudFormation is and why to use it along with an introduction to its concepts like templates, stacks and change sets.
Let's start making hands-on examples! You will learn how to create a stack from an existing template using AWS Management Console. We will create our first AWS CloudFormation stack.
Learn how to define and use MinValue and MaxValue constraints for your Number type parameters in your AWS CloudFormation templates.
Learn what Mappings section is used for in a CloudFormation template as well as the intrinsic Fn::FindInMap ( !FindInMap ) function and its syntax in this theory lecture.
- An AWS account to launch resources. It is recommended to use an AWS free-tier eligible one.
- Intermediate level AWS knowledge about core services to use in examples.
- A computer and browser to practice hands on examples and section activities.
- Your favorite text-editor to write AWS CloudFormation templates.
- Understanding how to use terminals and basic commands would also be helpful in some examples.
- Basic YAML knowledge can also be helpful. But you can also learn it while watching the lectures and making examples.
- Basic AWS CLI knowledge for the AWS CLI section.
Would you like to learn AWS CloudFormation in detail with a well-organized course?
If yes, you are in the right place! Welcome to learn AWS CloudFormation as a beginner and reach to an intermediate level on it!
In this course, you will start learning CloudFormation in the right way from a senior AWS consultant having all Professional and Associate level AWS certifications. You will learn the basics of CloudFormation with hands-on examples and section activities.
This course will also be a basis for the upcoming advanced version of it.
What will you achieve after this course?
✓ You will be able to use AWS CloudFormation for your daily needs on AWS.
✓ You will be able to write your own templates using YAML and define your AWS resources in them.
✓ We will use AWS Ireland region (eu-west-1) during the course, but you will also learn how to create re-usable, region-independent templates as you progress!
✓ You will be able to increase the re-usability of your templates and enhance them more by using other template sections: parameters, mappings, conditions, metadata, and outputs.
✓ You will be able to use change sets to update your stacks safely.
✓ You will be able to use both AWS Management Console and AWS Command Line Interface (CLI) to manage your stacks.
✓ You will gain a solid basis on AWS CloudFormation.
You will reach an intermediate level on CloudFormation in the end. But the topics in this course will be sufficient to use AWS CloudFormation in your provisioning needs on AWS. Most of the advanced level concepts will only make sense after you reach a certain level of usage. However, I am also preparing an intermediate to advanced level CloudFormation course to help you more after this course in the future as well.
Why learn from me?
✓ My knowledge and experience are verified by AWS at the top-level. I am a senior AWS consultant holding AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional and AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional certifications as well as all 3 Associate-level AWS certificates.
✓ I have a software engineering background, a BS degree in Computer Engineering, and more than 14 years of professional experience in corporates and startups.
✓ I have been using AWS for more than 5 years. I started using CloudFormation since I adopted AWS and use CloudFormation in advanced-level.
✓ I teach both theory and practice according to AWS best practices. I explain the features with hands-on examples and also why to use them. So you will benefit from my experience as well as my knowledge.
Featured student reviews!
"This course explains everything from the very basics in just enough detail. I came here bacause the Udacity DevOps Nanodegree did not provide enough material to complete its very own projects. I can now confidently build cloudFormation scripts. Many thanks!"
"Well-structured and easy to follow course. Emre did an excellent job. Waiting for advanced course on CloudFormation."
Is this course for you?
It is best to start learning AWS CloudFormation as a beginner and concentrate on the features that you will mostly need in your daily provisioning needs on AWS. I designed this course for beginners to AWS CloudFormation and assume that you have no or little experience in it.
But you should have an intermediate-level AWS knowledge that will be enough to use core AWS services in our examples. Because this course focuses only on AWS CloudFormation.
This course is not for intermediate-level AWS CloudFormation users looking for more advanced level features. However, I am also preparing an advanced level version CloudFormation course which will take this course as a basis.
If you would like to start using CloudFormation to manage your AWS infrastructure as code, automate the provisioning of your AWS resources with it, then it is best to learn it from an AWS expert in the right way.
Join this course and start learning CloudFormation with hands-on examples!
AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional
AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional
AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate
AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate
AWS Certified Developer - Associate
- This course targets students who have no or little knowledge on AWS CloudFormation.
- Developers, system administrators, DevOps engineers, solutions architects or any AWS enthusiasts who would like to manage their AWS infrastructure as code and automate the provisioning AWS resources.
- Not for intermediate level CloudFormation users looking for advanced level CloudFormation features.