AWS CDK with Python Step by Step
What you'll learn
- Use AWS CDK v2 and Python to write infrastructure code efficiently to avoid human errors with automation while creating AWS resources.
- Understand the differences between L1, L2, and L3 (patterns) constructs to choose the most appropriate ones for your solution.
- Learn to use the AWS CDK Toolkit to create CDK applications, synthesize templates and deploy your stacks.
- Divide your AWS architecture into multiple CDK stacks to organize them more efficiently and launch more resources per stack.
- Learn to use AWS CDK Construct Library as a reference to find the constructs for your solution.
- Use L2 constructs and CDK patterns (L3) to create your AWS architecture with sensible defaults according to most used scenarios.
- Use L1 constructs to map CloudFormation resources one-to-one when needed.
- Use AWS CDK and Python to allow network connections, initialize EC2 instances, and upload S3 assets easily with object-oriented programming.
- Use AWS CDK aspects to perform compliance checks on your AWS infrastructure before deployment.
- Write unit tests for your constructs with CDK's fine-grained assertions and Pytest framework to detect the problems in your infrastructure earlier.
- Basic Python programming knowledge
- Intermediate level AWS knowledge of core services
- Experience in terminal usage to run commands
- Prior AWS CloudFormation knowledge is an advantage but not a requirement.
Welcome to AWS CDK with Python Step by Step to learn how to write infrastructure code using AWS Cloud Development Kit (CDK) v2 and Python.
By taking this course, you will understand AWS CDK concepts in detail with hands-on examples in each topic. This is a new course covering only the latest AWS CDK version, v2.
You will learn to use the AWS CDK Construct Library and various levels of CDK constructs, L1, L2, and L3 (CDK patterns), to define AWS resources for your solution.
You will use AWS CDK Toolkit to create your CDK applications, synthesize templates, and deploy your resources as CloudFormation stacks.
You will use AWS CDK and Python with the power of object-oriented programming to configure your AWS resources with sensible defaults according to most used scenarios, easily add related resources, grant permissions, use metrics, allow network connections, upload assets to S3, and so on.
You will learn to organize your AWS architecture into multiple stacks by configuring cross-stack references or nested stacks with AWS CDK.
You will learn to use AWS CDK aspects to perform compliance checks on your AWS infrastructure before deployment or make corrections.
You will learn unit testing your AWS CDK constructs with fine-grained assertions using the Pytest framework to detect possible problems earlier.
Ultimately, you will become a proficient AWS CDK developer using Python as the programming language.
This course is built by Emre Yilmaz,
a senior AWS architect and developer holding all Professional and Associate level AWS certifications since 2018.
a software engineer and cloud architect with a BS in Computer Engineering, an MS in Financial Engineering, and more than 17 years of professional experience.
an AWS instructor with highly-rated AWS courses on AWS CloudFormation and AWS CodePipeline and helped more than ten thousand students until now.
What do you need for this course?
This course uses Python as the programming language. So a basic Python programming experience is expected.
Basic terminal experience is also needed to execute commands.
Intermediate-level of AWS knowledge is essential to understand the examples made.
An AWS free-tier AWS account in which you have admin privileges to make the examples.
Nice to have:
AWS Cloud Development Kit (CDK) depends on AWS CloudFormation. So having prior AWS CloudFormation knowledge and experience will be an advantage. However, it is not a must to learn AWS CDK.
You can watch the free previews on the course curriculum to get an idea about the teaching style.
Then, join this course to learn AWS Cloud Development Kit (CDK) with Python step by step!
Who this course is for:
- Developers, system architects, and DevOps engineers who want to create AWS architecture with CDK and Python.
- AWS CDK and Python developers who want to understand AWS CDK concepts better and use CDK more efficiently.
- AWS CloudFormation developers who are curious about switching to Python to write infrastructure code.
I am a senior AWS architect with all Professional and Associate level AWS certifications:
⭑ AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional
⭑ AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional
⭒ AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate
⭒ AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate
⭒ AWS Certified Developer - Associate
I have a BS in Computer Engineering and over 15 years of professional experience in corporates and startups. I help my clients worldwide as a freelance AWS consultant in my company, Shikisoft.
I have a software engineering background with various programming languages and frameworks such as C#, Ruby on Rails, Python, Node.js, and Angular.
I have been working with AWS since 2013. As I gained more experience in provisioning and maintaining secure, scalable, and performance-efficient AWS environments in my projects, I eventually became an AWS and DevOps specialist.
I am a supporter of automation, DevOps, and serverless architectures. I have been actively writing posts on my blog and sharing my knowledge and experience with my courses on Udemy.
The speed of innovation is fast on the cloud. Therefore, learning new things is also a part of my life. If you are a beginner at AWS, please know that I started like you and gained AWS expertise step by step.
Join my courses, and let me help you become an AWS expert!