AWS CDK v2 in TypeScript
What you'll learn
- Build infrastructure confidently in AWS' Cloud Development Kit (CDK)
- Understand how CloudFormation and CDK work together
- Create and share re-usable CDK constructs
- Publish packages to AWS CodeArtifact
- Basic knowledge of AWS - some hands on experience.
- Basic knowledge of TypeScript - e.g. a confident junior developer in TS.
- Basic knowledge of CloudFormation - e.g. you could add a new resource and deploy it.
This Shersoft Ltd course will teach you how to build infrastructure in AWS' CDK, using the language TypeScript. We'll cover real world scenarios and you'll learn how to overcome common challenges. There's a range of content, from your very first deployment in CDK to building larger applications and advanced topics like building the CDK CLI from source and stepping through it in your debugger.
It's not just for those completely new to CDK: have a browse of the intermediate and advanced topics in the course outline to find some valuable tools you can add to your belt.
What level of AWS knowledge will I need?
We'll mainly use a small set of AWS resources, including SNS topics, Lambda functions, S3 buckets and SQS queues. If you've got familiarity with those services, it'll definitely help. Around six months of hands-on AWS experience in a professional environment is plenty for this course.
What level of TypeScript knowledge will I need?
If you're a junior developer comfortable in TypeScript, you'll have everything you need for this course.
What level of CloudFormation knowledge will I need?
We cover a lot of CloudFormation concepts, but it's important that you're able to do the basics. If you can adapt an existing CloudFormation template, add a new resource, and deploy it, then you're good to go!
Who this course is for:
- All builders in AWS - devs, testers, platform engineers.
Hey folks! I'm James, a Cloud Engineer with a love for sharing my knowledge of AWS and breaking through the complexity to teach with real world examples. My videos aren't a sales pitch for any product - they're based around practical scenarios, and don't shy away from the detail or footguns when required. I look forward to hearing about your learning journey soon!