Awkward at the Office - Supervisor Edition (All States)
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 19 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Describe the prevalence of sexual harassment in the workplace and its impacts on the workplace, and list examples of behavior that may be considered sexual harassment as well as examples of positive behaviors that can help limit harassing situations
- Discuss the legal implications of sexual harassment and the employer’s legal responsibilities
- Describe your federal protections through the EEOC and available remediation options, and define retaliation and describe your rights when it comes to protected behavior
- Describe strategies for constructively addressing conflict and building positive relationships at work including three approaches to bystander intervention and specific ways you can help reduce harassment at your workplace
- Describe approaches for designing a workplace harassment policy and communicating it effectively
- Describe a four-step process for implementing training including the three critical parts to effective training
- Create an open and safe environment where employees feel safe, which includes handling complaints quickly and recognizing warning signs of problematic behavior
- Develop an investigation process with the appropriate steps and documentation
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
NOT ANOTHER SEXUAL HARASSMENT COURSE!
We’ve all sat through a mind-numbingly boring sexual harassment course. The material is important and necessary, yet it’s hard to make engaging. This course is different!
First, it focuses not just on reducing harassment, but on creating a positive work environment in which everyone feels safe and supported. Second, it follows the story of an office team facing harassment issues as they learn how their words can impact those around them, and how to treat each other with respect. Third, it includes interactive assessments that challenge the student to think through scenarios and what constitutes appropriate workplace behavior. Lastly, it includes a section specifically for supervisors that follows the story of another office team dealing with quid pro quo harassment at work.
By the end of this course, students will be able to describe their rights and responsibilities related to workplace harassment, as well as their responsibilities as a supervisor, and feel empowered to be part of a positive change in their organization.
Course includes 110 minutes of high-quality HD content plus a handout, optional knowledge checks, and optional post-training knowledge boosters.
- Supervisors who work in an office environment