Automotive Engineering - NVH Essentials
What you'll learn
- The Criticality of NVH in Automotive Design & Engineering
- Essential Concepts and Deep Insights in Vehicle Refinement
- Theory of Vibration Phenomenon explained in a simple manner to create a strong foundation
- Different Approaches/Methods in NVH Development and their Respective Applications
- State of the Art Simulation (CAE) techniques from the Industry
- Knowledge of High School Physics (Vibrations)
- Passion for Automotive Engineering
NVH, which stands for Noise Vibration and Harshness, is a dominant attribute in Automotive Engineering that drives the design of a car. The NVH engineer has a critical role to play, right from the concept stage to the end of the design cycle and actually even beyond.
For the NVH engineer, the car is a musical instrument and he strives to ensure that all the parts are tuned to function in a mutually harmonious way, suppressing unwanted noise and amplifying desired qualities.
The science behind it all, is beautiful and inspiring.
In the words of Nikola Tesla: “If you want to unlock the secrets of the Universe, think in terms of Energy Frequency and Vibration”.
The Automotive Industry is undergoing a radical shift currently, racing towards alternative propulsion technologies, innovative light weight structures, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, providing newer, more exciting challenges as well as opportunities to the NVH engineer.
It is definitely a great time to start this journey!
In this course, the Student will be oriented towards essential theoretical concepts that would lead to a strong foundation in NVH. It is crucial to have a strong foundation in the science of sound and vibration in this highly technical domain, so that the student is able to visualize NVH problems in terms of basic physical principles and efficiently solve them.
The Student will also get adequate exposure to the inner workings in the industry starting from standard procedures to state-of-the-art methodologies.
This course has been designed with the intention of accelerating the pace at which a beginner can adapt in this domain and progress to being a highly successful NVH Engineer.
This course should also interest any Automotive enthusiast with or without a background in Vehicle Refinement.
Who this course is for:
- Engineering Students, Fresh Graduates and Engineering Professionals who are seeking an Exciting Career in Automotive/Aerospace
- Any Science Enthusiast who wants to understand how Noise and Vibration Problems are prevented/identified/solved
I am an experienced Automotive Engineer specializing in Full Vehicle NVH and Body Structural Analysis.
In my 13 years of work experience, I have contributed to the design and development of a diverse portfolio of Vehicle Programs, from mass market cars like Nissan and Tata, to luxury brands like Mercedes and now currently I am engaged in the development of Super Car and Hyper Car Programs at Mclaren. Each experience came with unique learnings and insights that I am delighted to share.