Automation Testing using Selenium - Beginner to Designer
- 39.5 hours on-demand video
- 7 articles
- 3 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You will Learn Automation Testing using Selenium the MODERN WAY - Step By Step - With 200 HANDS-ON Code Examples
- You will Acquire ALL the SKILLS to demonstrate an EXPERTISE in Automation Testing using Selenium and Java in Your Job Interviews
- You will Solve a Wide Range of Hands-on Automation Testing EXERCISES with Java and Selenium
- You will Learn to WRITE Great Automation Tests with Selenium and Java
- You will Learn to SETUP New Automation Test Projects with JUNIT and TestNG
- You will Learn to Create Basic Automation Test FRAMEWORKS
- You will learn to use Selenium IDE and Katalon Studio to Record and Replay Automation Testing Scenarios
- You will learn to setup new automation projects with Selenium, Web Driver, JUnit and TestNG Frameworks
- You will learn some of the TestNG Advanced Features - XML Suite, Test Reports, Test Parameters and Parallel Execution
- You will learn the basics of HTML, CSS and XPath
- You will understand all Selenium Locators - By Id, By Name, By Link Text, By Partial Link Text, By Class, CSS Selectors and XPath Expressions
- You will learn to play with Form Elements - Text, TextArea, CheckBox , Radio Button, Select Box and Multi Select Box
- You will learn to Set up Automation Testing Frameworks for Form Elements, Tables and Cross Browser Testing
- You will learn to write Data Driven Tests with Data Providers, CSV and Excel Spreadsheets
- You will learn to implement Page Object Model for a Complex Automation Test Scenario
- You will learn to parallelize and scale up Automation Tests with Selenium Standalone and Grid
- You should have the ability to learn while having fun!
- Connectivity to Internet to download various tools listed below
- We will help you install Selenium IDE, Katalon Studio, Brackets, Java, NodeJs and Eclipse.
- Oracle Solaris or 64 bit Microsoft Windows or Linux or macOS
- Java 9+ does NOT work on 32 bit Microsoft Windows! You would need a 64 bit Microsoft Windows if you would want to use Windows.
- We will help you download all needed dependencies using Maven and NPM
Zero Java Programming Experience? No Problem. Zero Automation Experience? No Problem.
Do you want to become a Great Programmer with Java? Do you want to become a Great Automation Tester with Selenium? Do you want to learn to setup New Automation Test Projects with Junit, TestNG and Selenium Webdriver? Do you want to learn Creating Automation Test Frameworks? Look No Further!
******* FAQ - What Is Included in this Course? *******
Java ? Yes. Junit ? Yes. TestNG ? Included. Selenium 3 ? Yes.
Selenium Advanced Test Scenarios ? Of Course.
Selenium Standalone and Grid ? Yes.
Data Driven Tests ? Yes.
Page Object Model ? Included.
Build Automation Frameworks ? Yes.
Cross Browser Automation Testing? Yes. Of Course.
******* Some Amazing Reviews From Our Learners *******
★★★★★ This course is very good. The instructor explains things clearly and provides lots of examples. Highly recommended. easy exercises and several examples!
★★★★★ This course was amazing. It was very indepth look at Java and automation testing. I was a beginner automation test engineer but there are quite a few things that I will be using on my next automation project.
★★★★★ I am able to understand it very quickly as voice and pronunciation is very clear. Also the instructor is very experienced in his topic.
★★★★★ Excellent Course for Beginners - A right place to begin learning Selenium with Java.
★★★★★ Very detailed, easy to follow.
★★★★★ It is awesome.
******* Course Overview *******
Writing Your First Automation Test with Java and Selenium Webdriver is a lot of fun.
Java is one of the most popular programming languages. Java offers both object oriented and functional programming features. Selenium can be used for screen scraping and automating repeated tasks on browser.
In this course, you will learn Programming with Java and Automation Testing with Selenium.
We take a Hands-on Approach using Eclipse as an IDE to illustrate more than 200 Java Coding Exercises, Puzzles and Code Examples. We will also write more than 100 Selenium Automation Tests with Java for a wide variety of scenarios.
In more than 350 Steps, we explore the most important Java Programming Features and Selenium Automation Testing Scenarios
Basics of Java Programming - Expressions, Variables and Printing Output
Using Selenium IDE and Katalon Studio to Record and Replay Automation Testing Scenarios
Learn the basics of Selenium Webdriver
Exporting Automation Tests and Setting up new Maven Project for JUnit and TestNG
TestNG vs JUnit
TestNG Advanced Features - XML Suite, Test Reports, Running Tests with Parameters defined in XML and Running Tests in Parallel
Basics of HTML, CSS and XPath
Selenium Locators - By Id, By Name, By Link Text, By Partial Link Text, By Class, CSS Selectors and XPath Expressions
Setting and Reading values from Form Elements - Text, TextArea, CheckBox , Radio Button, Select Box and Multi Select Box
Set up Automation Testing Frameworks - Tables
Important Interfaces - WebDriver
Introduction to Cross Browser Automation Testing, Headless Testing and Setting up a Basic Cross Browser Automation Testing Framework
Writing Data Driven Testing with Data Providers, CSV and Excel Spreadsheets
Implementing Page Object Model for a Complex Test Scenario
Scaling up with Selenium Standalone and Grid
Java Operators - Java Assignment Operator, Relational and Logical Operators, Short Circuit Operators
Java Conditionals and If Statement
Methods - Parameters, Arguments and Return Values
An Overview Of Java Platform - java, javac, bytecode, JVM and Platform Independence - JDK vs JRE vs JVM
Object Oriented Programming - Class, Object, State and Behavior
Basics of OOPS - Encapsulation, Abstraction, Inheritance and Polymorphism
Basics about Java Data Types - Casting, Operators and More
Java Built in Classes - BigDecimal, String, Java Wrapper Classes
Conditionals with Java - If Else Statement, Nested If Else, Java Switch Statement, Java Ternary Operator
Loops - For Loop, While Loop in Java, Do While Loop, Break and Continue
Java Array and ArrayList - Java String Arrays, Arrays of Objects, Primitive Data Types, toString and Exceptions
Java Collections - List Interface(ArrayList, LinkedList and Vector), Set Interface (HashSet, LinkedHashSet and TreeSet), Queue Interface (PriorityQueue) and Map Interface (HashMap, HashTable, LinkedHashMap and TreeMap() - Compare, Contrast and Choose
Generics - Why do we need Generics? Restrictions with extends and Generic Methods, WildCards - Upper Bound and Lower Bound.
Introduction to Exception Handling - Your Thought Process during Exception Handling. try, catch and finally. Exception Hierarchy - Checked Exceptions vs Unchecked Exceptions. Throwing an Exception. Creating and Throwing a Custom Exception - CurrenciesDoNotMatchException. Try with Resources - New Feature in Java 7.
You will be using Eclipse and Brackets as the IDE. You will be using Maven, npm (Dependency Management), TestNG (XML Test Suite, Parallel, Multiple Browsers), JUnit, Selenium IDE, Katalon Studio, Selenium Standalone and Selenium Grid. We will help you set up each one of these.
Start Learning Now. Hit the Enroll Button!
- You want to learn Programming
- You want to learn Automation Testing
- You want to learn how Selenium Web Driver Works
- You are a beginner and want to explore Java further
- You want to learn the basics of Object Oriented Programming with Java
- You want to learn the basics of Functional Programming with Java
- You want to write great Automation test for your web applications in Java