Automation: How to automate a business process
What you'll learn
- Automation of processes
- How to sell automation within an organisation
- Steps to deliver automation in business
- Automation project management
- Future proof skills
The automation of processes within organisations is something which is becoming increasingly commonplace. Therefore, knowing which approach to take in order to achieve this is crucial. By learning how to manage the process of conducting such an automation is a great skill to have and a great way to future proof your career / business.
In this course we are going to cover:
- What is automation?
- The purpose and importance of automation.
- The benefits of automation.
- The prerequisites to launching an automation of process project - criteria to be met.
- Types of process "ripe" for automation.
- Importance of identifying the right team and who to include.
- 8 step process to delivering a successful automation process.
- The importance of getting buy in, and how to get leadership on board with automation.
- A case study example.
- Timeline expectations.
- An assignment to close out the course to get you started, to get you planning for your next automation AND a full detailed step by step plan for you to take away with you!
We will also discuss benefit realisation, how to sell this vision and how to initiate the next project once you have delivered a successful first project.
This course has been constructed by a Business Improvement professional who has created many business cases for, launched and delivered many automation of process projects. This method is tried and tested and has worked for me every time to deliver SIGNIFICANT automation benefits across organisations in all industries and of all sizes.
Who this course is for:
- Business owners
- Managers / Team Leaders
- Business Improvement Professionals
- Project Managers
- Operational Leaders
Hi there, my name is Robert Chapman.
I have been working as a Business Improvement professional for many years now. In doing so, I have learned a number of key lessons about Business, People and Processes.
The work I have done has been to save organisations money (and I have saved organisations millions of dollars), make them and their teams more productive and efficient and future proof their operations. Specifically, I am an expert in:
- Lean Six Sigma.
- Root cause analysis.
- Process Improvement.
- Automation of processes.
- Business Case creation.
- Wider Business Improvement (such as cultural change, reporting and transition of work around the globe).
I shall be loading course content on Udemy around the topic of Business Improvement so please do check out the courses on offer.
I do love to hear from those of you that take my courses and am here to help wherever possible!