Automate your Chrome browser with Selenium (scraping)
- 1 hour on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Automate your Chrome browser
- Retrieve information from a web page
- Repeat tasks automatically
- Trigger clicks, open links
- Automatically navigate through different tabs
- Scrap and save the results to a file
- Use Selenium and ChromeDriver in an Eclipse project
- Have good programming skills
- You can use Windows, MacOS or Linux
- All the software we will use is free to download and install
- Allow 5GB of free space on your computer to accommodate the Eclipse tools and project
DISCLAIMER : I'm French and my english is not perfect, if this is a problem for you please do not buy this course :)
Welcome to the course that will teach you how to automate your Chrome browser.
The objective of this course is to provide you with all the tools and knowledge necessary to carry out your Chrome automation and scraping project. This is why the course is comprehensive and addresses all the issues that you may encounter:
Retrieving information from a web page.
Automatic repetition of tasks.
Triggering clicks and opening links.
Automatically navigate through different tabs.
Use Selenium and ChromeDriver in an Eclipse project.
And much more !
The entire project of the example automation will be made available to you.
Why use Selenium?
Selenium is a project encapsulating a variety of tools and libraries allowing the automation of the Web browser. It specifically provides an infrastructure for the W3C WebDriver specification - a language-independent coding platform and interface compatible with all major web browsers.
Objectives and details of the different parts of this course
Part 1 - Setting up the development environment
Install Java and Eclipse, download Selenium and ChromeDriver.
Part 2 - Project creation
Create the project in Eclipse, add Selenium and ChromeDriver.
Part 3 - Automating the Chrome Browser
Real scraping can begin: load a page and retrieve information, trigger a click on an element, navigate through several tabs and save its results in a file.
See you soon !
- Anyone wishing to do scraping with their Chrome browser.
- Intermediate developers who want to learn how to automate their Chrome browser.
- People wishing to retrieve information in bulk from a website.
- People who want to automate tasks with their Chrome browser.