Automate WebServices Rest API (testing) using Java
- Basic knowledge
API testing is integration testing of API's which checks the functionality , performance & security aspects of API's.
As GUI test is difficult to maintain and requires a considerable amount of period, API has evolved as primary testing of application logic.
API to be tested are those which are developed by development team or third party API's which we would consume in our project.
API testing involves:
- Calling the API with different parameter values
- API boundary value conditions
- Actions performed by API i.e. updating database, calling other API
- Validating Response
Popular API which are used are REST implement in JSON format, which we will be looking during the course. Rest has become most popular because it is light and easy to maintain.
Rest-assured is library developed by Jaway which is best open source library specially designed to automated Rest API. It also supports XML and JSON Request/Responses.
No need of any tool when you need to automate API, simple coding skills will let you perfect automation of API, will be taught during the course.
- Request can be easily prepared and send over internet
- Assertions in Response data
- Clean code which is easy to be maintained
Who this course is for:
- Manual/Automation testers
- Managers, architects
- Anyone in industry who want to get knowledge of Rest API or how to automate them
I have be in software testing since a decade. Worked with different testing techniques along with exploratory testing. Performed different regression, performance, api etc testing with tools and libraries like selenium, jmeter, loadrunner, protractor, rest assured, Katalon and others.
Worked with various MNC's on various profiles and managed automation projects.
Objective: to help software testing community