Automate WebServices Rest API (testing) using Java
- Basic knowledge
API testing is integration testing of API's which checks the functionality , performance & security aspects of API's.
As GUI test is difficult to maintain and requires a considerable amount of period, API has evolved as primary testing of application logic.
API to be tested are those which are developed by development team or third party API's which we would consume in our project.
API testing involves:
- Calling the API with different parameter values
- API boundary value conditions
- Actions performed by API i.e. updating database, calling other API
- Validating Response
Popular API which are used are REST implement in JSON format, which we will be looking during the course. Rest has become most popular because it is light and easy to maintain.
Rest-assured is library developed by Jaway which is best open source library specially designed to automated Rest API. It also supports XML and JSON Request/Responses.
No need of any tool when you need to automate API, simple coding skills will let you perfect automation of API, will be taught during the course.
- Request can be easily prepared and send over internet
- Assertions in Response data
- Clean code which is easy to be maintained
- Manual/Automation testers
- Managers, architects
- Anyone in industry who want to get knowledge of Rest API or how to automate them
- What are Web Services09:12
- Introduction to Soap Protocol13:47
- What are Rest API' - GET, POST, PUT & DELETE11:35
- Real example of Rest Api06:50
- Configuring Maving Project for automation Suite09:48
- Downloading prerequites to start automation10:00
- Downloading prerequites to start automation12:08
- First Test for GET Request11:05
- First Test for GET Request14:43
- Using Parameters and Authorization08:32
- Using Parameters and Authorization10:47
- How to Handle Get Requests07:48
- What are json path and to calculate10:57
- Calculating complex paths11:34
- Extracting actual result from api's10:02
- Transfering api reponse to other api17:40
- Installing & Configuring API server11:36
- Automating the Post Request as a string body15:08
- Request by post object14:35
- Example with PUT API10:25
- PATCH request for updating10:21
- DELETE Request05:43
- Generating complex objects for POST request17:41
- POST Request with arrays16:55
- Calculate Response time of API07:54
- Create Table05:37
- Insert into table05:47
- Delete Table03:13
- Add Column03:20
- Delete Column01:18
- Modifying datatype of Column03:10
- Update record02:56
- Delete record02:21
- Select distinct02:02
- Where OR03:20
- Where AND03:10
- Where Not01:17
- Order by02:42
I have be in software testing since a decade. Worked with different testing techniques along with exploratory testing. Performed different regression, performance, api etc testing with tools and libraries like selenium, jmeter, loadrunner, protractor, rest assured, Katalon and others.
Worked with various MNC's on various profiles and managed automation projects.
Objective: to help software testing community