Selenium WebDriver with Java & Cucumber BDD
What you'll learn
- Write realistic automated test scripts for web applications
- Build robust test frameworks and custom libraries
- Integrate Java with Selenium
- Design a data-driven test framework
- Find elements on a web page and simulate user behavior
- Automate user actions across multiple browser platforms
- Develop Cucumber / BDD test plans with feature files using Gherkin
- Continuous integration and testing
- Basic knowledge of Java
- Basic understanding of programming is helpful
- Understanding of web pages
- Working computer with Firefox or Chrome browser
- Familiar with software testing
Become an experienced automation tester by building a test framework with Selenium WebDriver using Java language. This course will provide you an overview of automation and a practical guide to building a framework with Java. Then explore the power of Selenium WebDriver and Cucumber!
Today's software development uses TDD and BDD practices and requires continuous integration and continuous deployment. Automation testers are needed to develop robust, clean, and thorough frameworks for regression testing, functional testing, and acceptance testing. Selenium WebDriver is the industry-leading, open-source tool that allows scrum teams to deliver quality software fast!
Learn how to apply BDD principals and develop feature files with Given-When-Then structure using Cucumber framework and Gherkin language. Apply Cucumber framework knowledge with Java step implementations to automate web actions with Selenium.
- Build a robust test framework
- Develop your own data-driven framework
- Interact with elements on a web page
- Use Java to automate web actions
- Construct BDD tests with Cucumber
- Implement the Page Object Model
- Utilize popular test frameworks like JUnit and TestNG
This course has been taken from years of experience in training consultants and new hire orientation corporate training. Enroll in this course to get a thorough overview of automation, frameworks, Selenium WebDriver, and BDD with Cucumber!
- I don't waste time on a lot of configuration
- I don't waste time on unnecessary topics
- I focus on making Selenium WebDriver automate user actions
- I focus on building frameworks
- I focus on conceptual and technical concepts
- I focus on applying our knowledge to build complete, realistic tests
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn how to test web applications
- Manual testers / QA
- Anyone who wants to apply Java to real-world projects
Over 10 years experience throughout the IT software development and business delivery services. This breadth of exposure and experience has allowed me to create a simple, clear, relevant course to prepare students for industry-relevant skills.
Software Developer - I have been a free-lance contractor for dozens of software and web applications since high school years.
Trainer - I have conducted corporate training and department transformation programs for top brands around the world, including Disney, Accenture, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and Cox Enterprises.
Recruiting and Business Services - I have helped provide clients with training solutions and talent resources to meet requirements in their projects.
**Corporate Training Transformation Program**
Are you a corporate rep looking for a trainer to transform your software delivery? Bring automation testing with continuous integration / TDD / BDD to your QA team or software development scrum teams. I conduct regular online and onsite corporate training and transformation programs to develop automation test engineers to software delivery.