Maya for Beginners: Complete Guide to 3D Animation in Maya
What you'll learn
- You will become comfortable using Autodesk Maya to model, texture, rig, animate, dynamics, light, and render
- Build and design your own 3D objects
- Animate your 3D objects with keyframes
- Modeling, shading, texturing, lighting beautiful designs
- Rendering your projects for high quality playback
- Rigging a 3D character for animation
- Simulating dynamic effects like water, cloth, and smoke
- You will know how to put together an entire 3D animated scene!
- You should have Autodesk Maya to follow along with the course
- Autodesk provides a free 1-year educational version and 30-day free trial of Maya from their website
- 3-button mouse
You can do your own 3D animations in Autodesk Maya!
Learn everything you need to know to get started - taught by a Hollywood professional!
As the industry standard 3D animation software, learning Autodesk Maya is a great skill to help you land a job in the film, music and gaming industry. In this course, you'll learn how to create your entire animation from scratch.
What will you learn?
Getting started with Maya and understanding the interface
Modeling your own objects and scenes
Shading your objects
Creating proper UVs
Texturing your objects
Lighting your scene and creating shadows
Rendering your project
Rigging characters to prepare for animations
Animating with keyframes
Motion graphics animation (MASH) toolkit
Simulating dynamic effects like cloth and smoke
Putting together an entire scene
Learn by doing real world projects!
Throughout this entire course, you'll be working on a Dia de Los Muertos inspired scene with a complete animated skeleton. By the end of the course, you'll truly be inspired by your own skills, and confident in using Autodesk Maya.
What do you get when you enroll?
25+ hours of easy-to-follow tutorials
Bonus animation demonstrations
Downloadable project files for every step of the course
Premium support to help you as you take the course
Why learn from us?
Lucas Ridley is a professional 3D animator who has worked on Hollywood films such as Steven Spielberg's Ready Player One. His students love him, and we're sure you're going to enjoy this class.
Lucas breaks down the most complicated steps of animating in Autodesk Maya, so that you can easily start animating on your own!
Phil Ebiner is the founder of Video School Online, and has taught over one million students around the world with our top-rated courses. We only partner with the best instructors, so you'll know that you're getting a great course with this one!
Our 30-day 100% money-back guarantee!
We want you to be happy. If there's any reason you aren't enjoying the course, and getting what you expected, we'll refund your money.
We can't wait to see you in the course!
Phil + Lucas
Who this course is for:
- We designed this course for complete beginners who want to get started with Autodesk Maya.
- We designed this course for anyone that wants to learn 3D animation, and the tools used by professional animators in the film industry.
- We designed this course for beginner Autodesk Maya users who want to take their skills to a more advanced next level.
Learn creative skills, from absolute beginner to advanced mastery.
Video School exists to help you succeed in life. Each course has been hand-tailored to teach a specific skill from photography and video to art, design and business.
Whether you’re trying to learn a new skill from scratch, or want to refresh your memory on something you’ve learned in the past, you’ve come to the right place.
Education makes the world a better place. Make your world better with new skills!
Our courses can be watched 24/7 wherever you are. Most are fully downloadable so you can take them with you. You can also view them on mobile devices with the Udemy mobile app.
All courses have a 30-day money-back guarantee so that you can check it out, make sure it’s the right course for you, and get a refund if it’s not!
My work has been featured in Annie-nominated, Emmy-winning, and Oscar short-listed short films. I'm an animator and commercial director and I've created content for brands like LEGO, Braun, Nestle, and Anhueser-Busch. I recently worked at the birthplace of visual effects, Industrial Light & Magic where I worked on films by Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg and most recently on the record-breaking Avenger's: Infinity War as an animator
I'm eager to share my professional knowledge that has allowed me to make a career out of creating content for big brands and big movies.