AutoCAD VBA Programming - Beginner course
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- 5 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You will be able to develop VBA Applications and create Graphical User Interface (GUI) that interacts with the Users and AutoCAD.
- You will be able to draw different AutoCAD Objects using VBA using Forms and User Controls.
- You will be able to manipulate AutoCAD Objects and automate repetitive tasks.
- You will learn the VB/VBA Syntax and should be able to use it with other Microsoft Office Applications (e.g. Excel, Word)
- All you need is knowledge of AutoCAD Software with basic understanding of commands and objects.
This course will walk you through the VBA Integrated Development Environment (IDE). You will also learn and understand the AutoCAD VBA Object Model through presentation and examples.
We will cover the User Forms and Controls and explore AutoCAD Database Dictionary
Conditions and Decision Structures will also be covered extensively.
We will be writing actual applications using different VBA Drawing techniques.
You will also understand how to debug and handle errors in your program.
By the end of the course, you should be able to develop your own small to medium complexity applications.
- All AutoCAD users from beginner to advanced who wanted to extend their knowledge beyond AutoCAD and be more productive.
- This is also for AutoLISP programmers who wanted to learn a different way of manipulating AutoCAD objects.
In this lesson, you will have a high level overview of the course as well as get a glimpse of how and what AutoCAD VBA is. Also, you will get to know the advantages and benefits of using VBA.
Discuss the content of the course as well as the requirements for installing VBA IDE. Also, identifying the versions of AutoCAD that requires separate installation of vBA IDE Component.
Walkthrough the process of downloading the VBA IDE Component from Autodesk website and installing it.
VBA IDE Components will be discussed in detail by mentioning their respective usage and purposes in relation to your programming experience.
We will explore the VBA Object Model Structure and understand how the objects relate to each other and how to use and easily apply them in the code. We will go through several programs to demonstrate how they are being used by going through some of the AutoCAD Objects collections.
This video will show you how to use the ListBox Control and how it gets populated with all the layers in the drawing.
This video explores the MultiPage Control in detail and uses it in the example program to generate an Audit Type Report for all the Fixtures and Doors in the drawing.
Sometimes there are more conditions in the program. This is where the if-then-elseif condition comes in. This video will show you how to use it by validating/checking the object type selected from the drawing.
This video will show you one way of drawing a Line object based on 2 points that uses the Getpoint function.