AutoCAD to Excel - VBA Programming Hands-On!
What you'll learn
- You will learn and understand how AutoCAD interacts with Excel
- You will learn how to extract different AutoCAD Objects Properties and export them into Excel such as Lines Mtexts Attribute Blocks
- You will learn how to extract LWPolyline Objects into a CSV (or a Pipe) Delimited File
- You will learn how to import Excel Spreadsheet into AutoCAD
- You will learn how to import CSV (or Pipe) Delimited File into AutoCAD
- You will learn how to design a User Interface (UI) and write the code behind the control
- You will also learn lots of VBA Programming Techniques (e.g. Debugging, ErrorHandling, Conditionals, Looping, SelectionSets, etc. etc.)
- Knowledge of AutoCAD is required. Basic knowledge of VBA would be helpful.
This course will show you how easy it is to Export AutoCAD Drawing Information to Excel (and other Formats) using VBA.
We will walk through the actual development starting from User Interface design to coding the logic behind the form and explain every single line in detail. You will learn and have a good understanding of VBA Programming as we progress along the course. By the end of this course, you can be productive right away and you should be able to perform all these tasks and start building your own program or build upon the Projects that we’ve developed throughout this course.
Note 1: If you haven't installed AutoCAD VBA IDE yet, please refer to Section 2 of my other course AutoCAD VBA Programming - Beginner Course. This section is available for viewing and will walk you through the process of downloading and installation as well as have a good tour of Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
Note 2: This course dives directly into the actual process of extracting AutoCAD objects to Excel. If you are not very familiar with VBA yet, I suggest that you take my course "AutoCAD VBA Programming - Beginner Course". This course teaches you all the basics and fundamentals of using VBA which will help a lot when you start learning this AutoCAD to Excel course.
Who this course is for:
- All AutoCAD Users who want to learn how to interface AutoCAD and Excel Applications such as:
- Engineers Quantity Surveyors Architects CAD Designers
- All AutoCAD Users who want to learn VBA Programming
- Notes: Although not required, it will help if you have a basic knowledge of AutoCAD VBA Programming.
A Sr. Software Developer and a Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) and Microsoft Certified Applications Developer (MCAD) with extensive knowledge on different technology in different industries.
I have worked on several companies ranging from Architectural, Engineering & Construction, Utilities, Marketing, Telecommunications, and now in Financial Corporation.
I have been exposed to many different Technologies and Frameworks and Programming Languages. Developing applications using C#, Java, AutoLISP, VB/VBA, GIS and CAD Applications. I also worked on many different Enterprise Databases (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase).