AutoCAD Beginners Course
What you'll learn
- You will be able to add AutoCAD to your CV
- You will be able to start earning money from your AutoCAD Skills.
- Feel comfortable using AutoCAD to create your own building layouts from scratch.
- Navigate AutoCAD 2021 like a pro.
- Communicate your own Building designs & Alterations for business or leisure.
- Learn the basic skills of AutoCAD: shapes, text, modification, layers, and dimensions.
- Master advanced AutoCAD tools and techniques such as XRef’s and layout tools.
- Export your projects for print or to a PDF.
- Make your ideas come to life.
- Create your own floorplans.
- Draw existing floorplans from measured surveys.
- Take hand drawings and recreate them using AutoCAD.
- Import PDF files and convert them to AutoCAD.
- Create multiple views and layouts from one model.
- Understand the difference between Paper Space & Model Space.
- Understand the difference between the WCS & UCS.
- Have an understanding of coordinates and how they are used in CAD software.
- Able to load in other drawing files to use as External References.
- Be ready to move onto more advanced AutoCAD subjects such as 3D Modelling.
- Basic Computer Knowledge.
- No prior knowledge of AutoCAD is required.
- A windows version of the AutoCAD software preferably 2021 or later. (MAC versions will have differences not covered)
Are you frustrated trying to teach yourself AutoCAD?! This course will quickly allow you to start using AutoCAD and getting paid for your AutoCAD skills.
Whether you're brand new to AutoCAD, or have played around with it but need more guidance, this course will help you feel confident and comfortable using the industry-standard CAD application.
Jane: “I had tried other courses that said they were for beginners but assumed there were things you already knew. This course actually starts at the beginning and explains what you're doing as you're doing it, without making you feel lost. I do have to pause often but it's so helpful!”
Create building designs, alterations, floorplans, import & edit PDF files of existing drawings, add text & dimensions and understand how to use Paper Space & Model Space!
This course was designed for the complete beginner, with practice files and a realistic project to allow you to put into practice the skills as you learn them. Throughout this AutoCAD course, you'll be creating your own real-world realistic project that is indicative of the kind you might be asked to create in the workplace. You will learn how to produce a professional drawing to industry standards and hopefully inspire you to do even more!
You will begin right at the start and learn how to set up the software in order to use AutoCAD the way most people in the industry like to use it. You will learn basic selection, creation, and modification techniques first before following along as we put those skills into practice to create a building layout together.
As the course progresses you will switch between learning basic skills and then putting them into practice on your project. By learning this way you will not only learn how to do something but why and where we use those skills. This will leave you with a much greater understanding of the software and how it is used in the workplace.
MaryKate: "I imagine that the pace of this course will suit most people interested in an introduction CAD! The instructor is easy to understand and is cautious to not overwhelm you right off the bat.”
What will you learn in this AutoCAD Beginners course?
Start by understanding the AutoCAD workspace and tools
Dive into creating your own shapes & lines
Use the modify tools to edit & improve your designs
Advance your skills with professional techniques
Speed up your workflow with the quick selection tool
Learn the difference between Paper Space & Model Space
Work with PDF files and learn to import and edit other peoples designs
Create multiple drawings from the same model using viewport techniques
Get creative with linetypes and hatches
Understand layers and how to use them like a pro
Save, print & export your designs to show others
During the course, you will be following along to create a building layout from the dimensions given. After this course, you will have all the skills necessary to create your own drawings whether for business or leisure purposes.
Become a Professional AutoCAD Drafter
With the skills learned in this course, you'll have a highly-desired skill that can help you get jobs and make money as an AutoCAD Drafter.
AutoCAD is an industry-standard and most widely used application when it comes to CAD software, so it's important for you to learn it if you want to be a professional designer.
Abraham: "You have put together a wonderful course. Auto CAD was completely new to me however I feel much more confident after having gone through this course. As a beginner, Auto CAD was definitely intimidating to me however your course has put me at ease. I am a working professional in the marine construction field and frequently need to make new drawings for vessel reconfiguration, new fabrication, etc. Previously I would make a sketch and depend on others for a final drawing but now I have started doing it on my own in a small way. Once again thanks for designing this beautiful course. Great Job!
Why learn AutoCAD from us?
With over 20 years of experience in a variety of design & CAD Management roles, Mike Freeman knows AutoCAD inside out. He is also an Autodesk Certified Professional in AutoCAD for Design and Drafting.
Many instructors teach outdated methods which have no place in modern real-world use. The skills you will learn here will allow you to not only create professional drawings but allow you to enter the workplace with relevant CAD knowledge that will show any future client or employer that you were taught well.
We promise to help you learn AutoCAD, no matter what it takes. If you ever get stuck, just post a message to the course dashboard and we'll be there to support you.
There is a reason why so many other instructors have copied this teaching method!
Our Happiness Guarantee
If you aren't happy with your purchase, we have a 30-day 100% money-back guarantee. There's literally no reason to hesitate!
Enroll now, and we'll see you inside the course!
**Please Note: This course was recorded on the PC version of AutoCAD. If you use a MAC then the commands and locations may vary. I do not have a MAC so am unable to help with this but a quick Google search should help you.**
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to start using AutoCAD in their career & get paid for their AutoCAD skills.
- People who may have used AutoCAD before and would like to brush up
- People moving to AutoCAD from another drafting software type
- Newbies, amateurs, students, engineers, and any hobbyists or creatives who want to create their own drawings using AutoCAD.
I have over 23 years of experience as a Draughtsman & CAD Designer in a wide variety of disciplines and am an Autodesk Certified Professional in AutoCAD for Design and Drafting. I started on a drawing board learning traditional drafting skills and witnessed the introduction of CAD software into the industry. Originally starting on the very basic AutoCAD release 10 I have used every version of AutoCAD since as well as adding various other CAD software. This has given me a unique insight into how best to utilize these great tools in the real-world environment.
Over the course of my career, I've trained countless people in the use of these tools and as most of this training was geared towards getting staff members up & running with this software as quickly as possible, I developed a method that gets my students actually creating drawings straight away. We then gradually add more advanced techniques as we go.
"I look forward to helping you get started and working with you over the course of your development."