Author School Visits 101: Marketing Children's Books
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 2 articles
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- This course will cover everything you need to get started -- from developing content for your school visit presentation to learning how to effectively engage with young readers to partnering with schools to book the events. Also, this course will recommend resources to use for no-cost or low-cost to create and market your school visits. Students who are dedicated beginners with a commitment to learning how to create, prepare, and present author school visit presentations will benefit most from this course.
- This is a beginner course on preparing to present author school visits and marketing a children's book through school visits. Students will need to be a children’s book writer for picture books, middle grade or young adult novels and have the desire to present at schools as a visiting author. Students don't need any special materials or any author or children's book marketing experience.
In this course you'll learn how to create, prepare, present, and book school visits as a children's book author with confidence.
We'll cover these steps to create a children's book marketing foundation for a successful school visit event:
Section 1: INTRO & PRESENTATION GOALS
Section 2: RESEARCH TEACHING STANDARDS
Section 3: DEVELOPING PRESENTATION CONTENT
Section 4: ORGANIZING PRESENTATION CONTENT
Section 5: EFFECTIVE WAYS OF ENGAGING WITH STUDENTS
Section 6: TIMING OF YOUR PRESENTATION
Section 7: PREPARING FOR VISITS
Section 8: BOOKING & PROMOTING SCHOOL VISITS
Section 9: FEES, INSURANCE, & CONTRACTS
Engaging with your young readers through a school visit is one of the most rewarding events you can do as a children’s book author.
Your children's book is written, published, or soon-to-be released and one of the best ways to get it in the hands of your young readers (and keep your book in print!) is doing school visits. You've invested a lot of time, energy, and emotion into your book -- presenting at schools as a visiting author can ensure your book captures the spotlight.
By the end of this course you will be confident in knowing how to create, present, and book author school visits.
- Ideally, students should write for children pre-school through teens and be seeking publication or have a finished book that is published or soon-to-be published.