Authentic Leadership: Actionable Practices and Examples
What you'll learn
- Understand why authentic leadership is important in today’s organizations and is therefore an effective style of leadership
- Gain self-awareness by observe your own emotions, values, attitudes and behaviors neutrally without judging
- Recognize patterns of authentic and inauthentic behavior in yourself and others and become aware of their effect
- Question your habits and get rid of those that are not in line with your sense of self and have been limiting your development
- Realize how others perceive you, and understand their behavior toward you
- Discover motivations that drive other people’s behavior
- Express yourself assertively with your true voice and help others around you do the same
- Gain influence in a natural way by rising as a confident, open and trustworthy person
- A desire to challenge yourself in order to improve.
Organizations increasingly expect their leaders to generate a work environment fostering openness, trust and collaboration. Beyond increasing happiness at work, a more authentic style of leadership improves performance, creativity, and talent attraction and retention.
As you become an authentic leader, you’ll learn to
Gain self-awareness by observe your own emotions, values, attitudes and behaviors neutrally without judging
Recognize patterns of authentic and inauthentic behavior in yourself and others and become aware of their effect
Realize how others perceive you, and understand their behavior toward you
Express yourself assertively with your true voice and help others around you do the same
Gain influence in a natural way by rising as a confident, open and trustworthy person
This course is for leaders and for those aspiring to leadership who want to bring both humanity and performance in the workplace. Whether you are an executive, a manager, a team leader or an expert, you are in a position where authentic leadership will help you grow and make a difference for people around you.
The course will walk you through skills of authentic leadership such as
Throughout the course you will be encouraged to take action to unlock your potential as an authentic leader with the help of assignments, short quizzes, resources and concrete practices such as
Moving Motivators (Management 3.0)
After completing this course, authentic leadership will be part of your personal brand and contribute to your career success.
This course is a deep dive into the first theme of Agile Leadership, a course that thousands of students have already enjoyed (rating 4.2 / 5).
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to improve their leadership style by leveraging their authenticity to improve trust, honest relationships and happiness.
- Executives, managers, team leaders, and anyone in a position of influence in an organization.
Bruno Collet is a leading international consultant and speaker in agile leadership and organizational transformation.
For the past 15 years he has helped organizations with their agile transformation and leadership strategies. His expertise has been gained from first-hand experience working with leaders of major organizations in diverse industries including banking, public transport, telecommunications, gaming & lottery, energy and pharma.
He executed consulting missions such as redesigning the organization across value streams, developing transversal collaboration, coaching and training managers and executives, accelerating decision-making, developing agile roles and many more.
He has been consulting since 1999, first with Bureau Van Dijk (Brussels, Belgium) for clients such as Alcatel, Daimler-Chrysler and ABB. In 2000 he created his own niche consulting company, Synapsys, in Belgium, which he sold in 2003 and then relocated to Montreal, Canada where he focused on solo consulting projects before founding in 2010 his firm Collet Consulting entirely dedicated to agile leadership and transformation. He is active in Canada, Europe and China.
Bruno Collet also founded Agile Leader Academy to share free content, courses and events with agile leadership enthusiasts.
He and his firm Collet Consulting were among the first proponents of agile values and practices – such as servant-leadership and self-directed teams – being transposed to management, leadership and organizational development.
In addition to consulting work, he has been a speaker with Project Management Institute (PMI), Les Affaires (one of Montreal’s top business communities), Agile Tour, Agile China, Order of Human Resource Professionals, Manufacturers’ Association, Association of University Health Centers and more. He is also an official PMI trainer for Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP).
Holder of a Master of Business Administration (MBA) from Concordia’s John Molson School of Business (Montreal, Canada) and a Master of Computer Sciences from Université Libre de Bruxelles (Brussels, Belgium), he is also Certified Agile Practitioner (PMI-ACP), certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and Certified Agile Coach for the Enterprise (ICP-ENT).