Modern Data Visualization with Oracle Analytics Cloud
- Passion for Data Analysis and Data Visualization
- Basic Understanding of Reports and Analysis
- Basic knowledge of computers
Data Visualization is new Analytics and, Augmented Analytics is new Data Visualization! In this course you will master your understanding of modern, aka Augmented, data visualization concepts through hands on training with Oracle Analytics Cloud. This course is designed to provide you with essentials of augmented data visualization. This is new business intelligence!
Are you a business analyst curious about what Oracle Analytics can do? Then this is the course for you. We’re assuming that you know the basics of using analytics in your business. So we designed this course for you to jump right in to a technical, hands-on product experience. Every section is packed with both video and screencast to show you each analytics capability, plus demo files and scripts to download, so you can try it yourself!
Since we can’t guess which use case you’re itching to try out, we’ve packed the course with different projects like sales analysis, school donation analysis, HR attrition analysis as well as advanced projects such as Machine Learning models for predictive Analysis. Curious about some other application for analytics? Try it with your own data too!
As a day-to-day analyst and data visualization user, you will find this course fun and informative, try it out with your own data set! We hope that you have great time learning this exciting new data visualization capabilities.
- You are Data Visualization Enthusiast
- You are Interested in Learning Modern Data Visualization Concepts
- You are Interested in Building Self-Service Analysis for SaaS Applications
- You are Interested in Learning Augmented Data Visualization
- You are interested in Learning about Oracle Analytics for Data Visualization
- Course Sections and Learning Objectives01:47
- Important Update for Desktop Setup01:09
- Setup Data Visualization for Oracle Analytics05:22
- Setup your Data Visualization Environment1 question
- Welcome to Building Your First Data Visualization Project08:32
- What is Modern or Augmented Analytics?06:33
- Project Overview: Attrition Analysis01:03
- Overview of Oracle Analytics Home05:19
- Bring Your Data to Oracle Analytics09:08
- Build a Data Visualization Project08:53
- Augmented Data Visualization for Attrition Data06:54
- Working with Chart Properties08:25
- Working with Projects and Filters07:10
- Visual Interaction with Canvases06:10
- ASK Data for Auto-Visualization with Natural Language Query04:05
- Sharing Your Projects04:53
- Build your First Data Visualization Project for Attrition Analysis1 question
- Bonus Project: School Donation Analysis1 question
- Data Visualization with Oracle Analytics - Basics5 questions
- Section Overview for Data Preparation01:33
- Project Overview: Sales Analysis00:59
- Loading Multiple Data Sets04:09
- Data Preparation Basics with Oracle Analytics10:08
- Augmented Data Enrichment with Recommendations08:45
- Data Preparation Script to Manage Enrichments05:45
- Enhanced Insights with Enriched Datasets08:46
- Bonus: Demo Data Enrichment for School Donation Data Set00:28
- Build your Data Prep Project for Sales Analysis1 question
- Bonus Project: Data Enrichment for School Donation Analysis1 question
- Data Preparation and Augmented Enrichment Quiz5 questions
- Project Overview: Soccer Half-Time Analysis03:07
- Load and Enrich Soccer Data Set06:12
- Augmented Analysis using Explain Feature04:51
- Auto Generated Insights to build Canvas04:34
- Build Calculated Metrics04:42
- Create Multiple Canvases to Build Discovery Story04:14
- Enhance Visualization with Plug-in Charts05:28
- Add Advanced Analysis to Support Your Discovery Story07:21
- Provide Narration for Story Telling and Collaboration05:32
- Bonus: Demo - What are key factors contributing to attrition?00:22
- Build Your Story Telling Project1 question
- Bonus Project: Detailed Analysis on Attrition Data with Multiple Data Sets1 question
- Quiz: Story Telling and Collaboration with Oracle Analytics4 questions
- Project Overview: FARS Accident Analysis01:54
- Explore Built-in Charts and Auto-Suggest Visualization07:12
- Pattern Brushing to Visually Inspect Co-related Data04:29
- Understand Filter Types to Focus on Relevant Data07:14
- Advanced Map Visualization05:22
- Leverage Built-in Time Series Functions05:48
- Navigation Actions Across Visual Components06:48
- Advanced Properties for Charts and Canvas06:01
- Manage Your Project02:35
- Demo FARS Analysis08:36
- Thank You!01:37
- Build Your Advanced Visualization Project1 question
- Bonus Project: Map Visualization Examples1 question
- Quiz: Advanced Visualization with Oracle Analytics5 questions
- Cricket World Cup 2019: Insight into Strategies to Win - An Analytic Story00:31
Luis has been an enterprise software professional for over 25 years focusing on solving difficult problems related to data management, data quality, reporting, and analysis. He was a founding member of Silver Creek Systems, a startup that placed semantic technologies in the hands of business users to deal with the highly perplex world of product data quality. It was acquired by Oracle in 2010. At Oracle Luis was a member of the team that conceived, founded, designed, and drove product management and strategy for the Oracle Big Data Preparation Cloud Service. In his current role at Oracle, Luis is Director of Product Management for Oracle Analytics Cloud focusing on the Data Preparation and Enrichment Platform. He is named in several patents related to data transformation and enrichment.
Hi, so glad you're here. I'm an experienced technology marketing professional with a focus on big data analytics, data wrangling, discovery, visualizations, and machine learning. Skilled at creating and running customer and sales enablement programs. Great at creating and running marketing programs. Best part of the job: connecting customers with the right technology to solve problems and (even better) create new value.
I have over 20 years’ experience in engineering, product management, marketing, project management, and sales. I’ve worked in consulting engineering, construction, and high tech manufacturing. I have a BS in Electrical Engineering and an MBA, both from McGill University, Montreal, Canada.
Jignesh Mehta is passionate about statistics based data visualization technologies with advanced analytics and machine learning persona. He holds BS in Engineering, MS in Computer Science and MBA from Santa Clara University.
With over 18 years of experience, Jignesh has worked with startups as well as large organizations, spanning his work from developing Java Virtual Machine and building algorithms for JVM optimization to database programming and data mining processes. Recent 10 years of his majority work involved with Oracle technologies for data management and key analytics services to make data driven decisions for enterprises.
He is strong advocate for building broader community of analysts and analytics developers by supporting them with statistics and ML driven solutions that enables modern use cases to help get insights into hands of many!
He is excited to have you in his course to learn from his passion for analytics and looking forward to sharing experience with you! Please feel free to connect with him via q/a or at Linkedin for more information.