Audio Engineering (Mixing & Mastering Dance/Pop in Ableton)
What you'll learn
- Learn the Philosophy of World-Class Mixing Engineers
- Learn Key Plug-ins and Process Flows to Mix Like a Professional
- See Real-world Examples of Mixing Sessions
- Go From Zero to Expert in the Field of Audio Engineering
- You must have a copy of Ableton Live or a comparable DAW. Preferably Standard or Suite.
Welcome to my newest course—your complete audio engineering guide!
This course uses Ableton to teach, but these techniques directly apply to any other Digital Audio Workstation (DAW), like Pro Tools, Cubase, FL Studio, Logic Pro, Studio One, and more.
Have you ever wondered how people mix hits for the radio and clubs? Have you noticed how the pop charts sound so good on all playback systems? Whether your listening on a stack of festival speakers, cheap earbuds, in the car, or in a store?
Well, audio engineering is not just a technical skill, it's an art form.
How do we take a "demo" and turn it into a "finished product"? How do you make your own productions competitive in terms of loudness/clarity/awesomeness vs. big-budget productions on Spotify?
It took me decades to accumulate this knowledge. I've made a comprehensive audio engineering course to save you years of heartache and struggle.
If you've ever produced a song and felt that it didn't sound good enough, this course is for you.
If you want to become a professional audio engineer or mix engineer, this course is for you.
If you want to mix other people's records for a living, this course is for you.
If you're tired of making boring, lifeless, amateur mixes, this course is for you.
I didn't hold anything back.
I wanted to provide you with as much value as possible in this course. And it took me well over a year to put it together. It's really a labor of love, because I've been so deeply passionate about audio for the last 20 years of my life.
All my secrets are contained within.
And as a Udemy instructor, I've had over 20,000 enrollments and counting, with thousands of 5-star reviews.
Not only that, but you have a 30-day money-back guarantee directly from Udemy, so what have you got to lose?
For a small investment, you can save yourself 10 years of struggle or more. I built this course because there was (and is, I believe) nothing like it when I was young. This is the course that I WISH I HAD when I was a kid. It's nearly 11 hours of original video—everything you need to get up and running.
Most top engineers won't share their secrets. But I don't believe in that. Here's the truth, now go make the best art you can!
Who this course is for:
- Producers and aspiring engineers who can't get their mixes to sound professional.
I help people level-up their creative expression through technology.
...20,000 enrollments and counting on Udemy.
Ross Palmer has always had a passion for cutting-edge technology, knowledge, and creative expression.
At the young age of 11, Ross started programming Z80 assembly language on his calculator while listening to electronic music religiously, watching the Simpsons, and speed-solving Rubik's Cubes (personal best avg. of 15.75 seconds!) That should tell you all you need to know about this highly unusual individual.
His work is at the intersection of creativity, business, and technology - all without taking ourselves too seriously.
• Helped build one of the largest dance music blog start-ups in the world, growing a single SoundCloud account into six, growing from 3,000 to over 1,000,000 followers, and becoming a multi-million-dollar start-up in the process.
• Was in an improvisational comedy group for 6 years, performing for hundreds of people monthly during the week, while DJing parties every weekend.
• Worked at Armada Music in the Netherlands, world-famous record label of Armin van Buuren.
• Was a professional DJ for 13 years, touring around the world. Now taught other professional DJs who are releasing on: Armada Music, Spinnin' Records, Ultra, Revealed, and more.
• Created a weekly radio DJ show with > 50k plays per episode, also made numerous mix compilation albums for Armada Music.
• One of the first to get serious about live streaming DJing, typically performing daily for over 20,000 observers with 40,000 fans/followers.
• Audio engineered records for major artists in Asia and on labels like Warner, Sony Latin, Armada Music.
• Started a digital marketing company in 2016, which has since taken an e-commerce client from the early start-up stage to over 8 figures of revenue.
• Creator/host of the Beat the Often Path podcast - showcasing "unusual success stories".
• Public speaker and in-company trainer.
What's the common thread?
A love of bleeding-edge technology and how it relates to human expression and making money. Because without money and the right tools, no one can survive as an artist.