Audacity Professional Vocals for Courses Video & More Part 1
- The ideal student is one who currently creates video or audio recordings related to online courses, YouTube, or podcasts, and wants to use software to edit the audio portion for professional sounding results. Students should have a basic understanding of digital audio and video, recording and playback, and should have a basic understanding of computers and software in general. This course does however start at a very low level to include and teach as many different levels of experience as possible.
Do you want to improve the overall quality of your vocal recordings for online courses, YouTube videos, voiceovers, narration, or other projects? Audacity FREE audio software and the techniques taught in this course and our other course “Audacity Professional Vocals for Courses Video & More Part 2” will get you the professional results you’ve been looking for.
Hi my name is Eric. I am a course creator and have learned many lessons throughout my recording experiences. I created this course for anyone who wants to improve the quality of their audio vocal recordings for video or audio projects by learning the basics of audio recording and the Audacity audio recording and editing software.
In this course, “Part 1”, we will review and install Audacity FREE audio recording and editing software, to give you a thorough overview and to prepare you for “Part 2” where we use the software to clean up noise, mistakes, problems, and fix level issues and overall volume and clarity for a professional result…
We will cover:
· An Audio Recording and Editing Overview
· Introduction to Audacity
· Audacity website and robust documentation and support sites
· Installation instructions and demonstration for Audacity
· Installation of third-party plug-ins
· A detailed review of Audacity functions and tools
· Recording audio with Audacity
· A recording overview using screencast software
· Initial audio editing outside of Audacity for preparation (applying to screencast or video software)
· Exporting a udio from other projects for use in Audacity
· Importing audio in to Audacity
· Initial audio analysis and editing with Audacity
· Practice challenges/homework assignments to give you hands-on experience
Take our course “Part 2” to learn more, using real life audio examples to meticulously clean up noise, mistakes, problems, and fix level issues and overall volume, clarity, and quality for a professional result, followed by exporting the final audio and importing into our screencast or video projects, and lastly a quick review of multi-track audio recording and mixing to take your audio to the next level. Part 2 also includes downloadable Audacity projects and audio files so you can follow along and practice with the actual projects used in the course.
Enroll in this course today to get started using Audacity audio software to get professional audio results for all of your audio and video projects.
Who this course is for:
- Students should take this course if they want to learn the installation and basics of Audacity audio recording and editing software in relation to videos, online courses, YouTube videos, podcasts, narration and voiceover projects, and more, as the first step in getting the best quality vocal audio recordings possible for many different types of projects.
- Do not take this course if you do not currently, or do not plan on learning to, record and edit your own audio vocal files for audio and video projects, or have no computer experience.
Hi my name is Eric Larson. I have been working with Internet technologies, and audio and video for over fifteen years, and have managed and trained operations teams for nearly ten years in a large corporate environment. I am very excited to be bringing this experience to my online courses as a Udemy instructor.
After receiving a four-year college degree in Business, I spent 21 years in the corporate world. I started my career as a purchasing agent for a leading wholesale building products supplier, and learned many of the basics about business, personal responsibility, organization, working with a team, and internal and external business relationships.
Feeling the need to be more creative, I left this position and taught myself web development and design, and graphic design, which I have now been doing for over 15 years. These new skills landed me a job working for an Internet search engine as a Data Analyst. This experience in a high-tech, start-up business culture gave me a whole new perspective on business and technology. Only three years into this new career, however, I found myself unemployed after the company was bought and then subsequently shut down. I used this time of unemployment to further my skills in web design and landed a consulting job building a website for a medical lab design and manufacturing company.
This new experience, and my love for audio and video technology, landed me a full-time position with a small start-up company that specialized in Corporate Communications, and live audio and video webcasting for fortune 500 clients. A large global technology company soon acquired this growing start-up, and we quickly became part of a very large global team. In this position in Webcast Operations, my abilities to learn new technologies quickly, and to teach and train employees, became apparent. I was offered my first corporate team management position after only a year and a half with the company. Over the next nine years I managed a live Webcast Operations team, and a live video encoding center, and worked with other webcasting teams in multiple locations around the globe, including Toronto, San Francisco, Hong Kong, Manila, Australia, Germany, and London.
I have now turned my focus to my real passion for creativity, technology, design, and teaching. Since embarking on this new journey, I have authored several books, continued to build websites, furthered my skills as a student of many online courses, and have embraced the role of an online instructor and course creator. In my free time I enjoy playing drums, guitar, and bass, writing, recording, and playing music, and exploring national parks around the world with my trusty camera by my side.