Host websites for (Dev/Test/Prod) at home or small office
What you'll learn
- Simple & Basic Internet Networking
- Basic Firewall and Security
- Web Hosting & Database Software
- How to host multiple websites with different domain names
- SSL Certificates
- WordPress examples
- A strong desire to want to host your website, ability to like to learn by following along.
- Have an existing domain name or purchase a new domain name that costs between $8 - $12 US dollars - We will do this in class for your 1st website.
Times have changed; people and companies are now putting everything online. Money is also of concern. Millions are out of work! What if you could learn to convert your home or small office pc into a REAL web & database server, pay no money, and only pay for just the domain name every year? Imagine how much money you could save on hosting one or more websites this way? Great for working with clients, testing new development, or just hosting the end final product, even a WordPress site. Convenience is the real benefit as everything is local, save time constantly from uploading your website again and again with each change. Everything is local!
The first half of the course is free; I want you to see if you can get comfortable with some technical terms. I even include a practice test to make sure you have what you need before proceeding to the next steps of doing the actual work. If you feel comfortable and follow along, you should pay to get the full course, test, and information, including the great downloads. If you are just curious about how the Internet works, then enjoy just the free portion as my thank you to you for taking the time to view my videos and this course.
Who this course is for:
- Folks who pay for hosting now, or who want to start a business website, host a business application like a CRM system or a Document Management Platform. This course is precious when hosting is not ideal or possible.
Certified as an Agile Scrum Master, OutSystems Associate Reactive Developer, and Microsoft Power Platform Architect, I am currently working on several Agile IT projects, Digital Transformations for the business, while achieving successful delivery for executives and board members.
I am obsessed with customer satisfaction and curious about everything. Big thinker, but exercise frugality. Strong bias for action and refine to seek perfection. Constantly learn by being both intuitive and observant. identify blockers, and work around, or push through them. To summarize, results driven!
- Microsoft – Cloud Service Provider
- Microsoft – Partner
- Microsoft – Certified Professional
- Scrum Master Certified
- OutSystems Associate Reactive Developer
- Master Project Manager
- 26 Years of IT Experience
- Director of Information Technology
- Solutions Architect
- Program / Product Manager