Asterisk Administrators Guide to VoIP Polycom IP SIP Phones
What you'll learn
- Configure Polycom IP Phones to Work with an Asterisk PBX
- Understand the different features and capabilities between the different model Polycom phones
- Select the best Polycom phone model for your clients users
- You should be familiar with SIP and have an Asterisk based IP PBX so you are able to configure and register a phone to make and receive phone calls
- If you don't have PBX/phone system to work with I have another course you can take to build your own
In this course you will learn how to create a configuration for seamless interoperability between a Polycom IP phone and an Asterisk based PBX. Since building an Asterisk server is only half of the phone system you need to ensure the physical phone endpoints are configured correctly. The phones are what all the end users interact with daily and gives them the tool to communicate with internal and external users.
- You will learn how to configure Polycom IP phones
- I will show you the different Polycom IP phone models to choose from
- In the course resources for each lesson you will get copies of the config files I demonstrate
- It should only take you a couple hours to get a working configuration file for your PBX
- If you plan on using Polycom phone you need to take this course and learn how to configure them using the different methods
My courses are always structured in an easy to follow format giving you a little bit of knowledge at a time to implement then building on top of that knowledge as the course progresses. I give you real world examples and show you how to do fuctions that are commonly asked for of phone systems.
Who this course is for:
- All level of users who are working with Asterisk or any Asterisk based VoIP IP PBX using SIP Phones
- Anyone learning the different model Polycom IP phones and their capabilities
- Users looking to configure the Polycom functions using the XML config files
I started supporting call centers 15 years ago and at the time I had no experience with phone systems. Eventually I learned them inside out and started using Asterisk and Linux to reduce costs. I discovered how versatile and robust Asterisk was so I expanded by client base to sell business phone systems.
After 15 years I have turned to focus my efforts on training how to build and sell phone systems. My instruction is very actionable, I want students to take the knowledge they gain and start using it to make money or do what they choose to do with it. You will find my teaching style is well liked by my students and they are always looking for new and exciting courses from me. Just take a look at some of the reviews I have received below.
"I am by far loving your course. Please make more and more videos on Asterisk Server; I shall purchase all of them." - Ganesh Dhungana
"You have been brilliant sir! I didn’t even have to finish the course to become good enough to start supporting our clients on asterisk platforms." - Tokunboh
"Excellent Instructor, Jon, is great... Hopefully he will produce additional classes. I would take them immediately. Thank you JON !!" - David Jordan
"Excellent!!, Jon has done a great job in walking me through carefully and showing typical errors and gotchas along the way." - Bill Adams
"Interested in providing VOIP services? Take this course, Even if you plan to use FreePBX or another GUI interface for your VOIP service, learning Asterisk and Linux will give you a better understanding of what's going on under the hood of your PBX. Jon Manning gives great step by step instructions and clear explanations of what you need to do to provision SIP phones and legacy phone equipment." - Martin Fields
"Actionable knowledge, not just pure information, communicated with great professionalism, The lessons in this course go way beyond pure information. Jon (the instructor) knows his stuff inside out, and more significantly, he knows how to pass his knowledge clearly so that I can take action on it right away." - Michael Choke
"The best course for who want to enter to the Asterisk and Linux field, This course has been designed by professional instructor who has a lot of information so for beginner you just follow the lessons as i did, now i have a good knowledge about Asterisk runs on Linux how run the Asterisk operations. Also the instructor provide his email to contact him for any question that is really awesome, i liked this course and it worth the payment." - Saifaldeen ALBUSULTAN