Assessment and Evaluation in Environmental Education
- This courselet does not have a prerequisite.
How do you know that your environmental education program or resource is making an impact? How do you improve your programs and resources? Assessment and Evaluation is a critical part of high quality environmental education. This course is designed to help you get familiar with some of the key competencies that high quality environmental educators should know and be able to do when it comes to assessment and evaluation including:
1. Understanding the difference between assessment and evaluation
2. Understanding Learner Outcomes in EE and how they are tied to assessment
3. Using assessment as part of instruction and Improving Instruction
4. Understanding Program Evaluation
This is an entry level course designed to familiarize you with language and connect you to resources for furthering your development.
- Anyone interested in assessment and evaluation in environmental education
- What is assessment? What is evaluation?
- Determine learning goals and outcomes
- Assessment that is part of Instruction and Improving Instruction
- Program evaluation
- Reflect on your learning
- Take the quiz
The Colorado Alliance for Environmental Education serves all sectors of the Colorado community to improve the collective effectiveness of Environmental Education. We envision an environmentally-literate Colorado, and we work to ensure everyone in Colorado has an opportunity to learn about the environment where they live. We value inclusiveness and welcome everyone to the field of environmental education.