Aspen Plus - Physical Properties
What you'll learn
- Plot T vs. x-y Data
- Plot P vs. x-y Data
- Get Thermodynamic Properties of Pure substances and Mixtures
- Get Transport Properties of Pure substances and Mixtures
- Property Method Selection and Method Assistant
- Binary and Ternary Interaction Properties
- Manipulation of Results (Tables, Charts, Graphs, Plots, etc..)
- NIST ThermoData Engine (TDE) & DECHEMA
- Nonconventional & Pseudocomponent Properties
- Analysis Tools in Aspen Plus
- PT Envelopes
- Chemical Engineering Basics
- Aspen Plus (Version 7 at least)
- Physical Chemistry
- Transport Phenomena
- Process & Equilibrium Thermodynamics
- Aspen Plus - Basics (Recommended)
This is course on Process Simulation will show you how to model, manipulate and report thermodynamic, transport, physical and chemical properties of substances.
You will learn about:
- Physical Property Environment
- Physical Property Method & Method Assistant
- Fluid and Property Packages
- Physical property input, modeling, estimation and regression
- Thermodynamic Properties (Material/Energy balances and Thermodynamic Processes)
- Transport Properties for (Mass/Heat/Momentum Transfer)
- Equilibrium Properties (Vapor-Liquid, Liquid-Liquid, etc...)
- Getting Results (Plots, Graphs, Tables)
This is an excellent way to get started with Aspen Plus. Understanding the physical property environment will definitively help you in the simulation and flowsheet creation!
This is a "workshop-based" course, there is about 50% theory and about 50% practice!
Who this course is for:
- Chemical Engineers
- Process Engineers
- Students related to engineering fields
- Separation Process Engineer
- Mechanical Engineers
- Aspen Plus Users
Hi there, I'm Emmanuel Ortega, aka Chemical Engineering Guy...
I've been in the Chemical Industry for about 3 years. I love applying all my knowledge learned in University to the Daily Engineering Life. From working in a Petrochemical Plant as a Process Plant Designer to working with textile material from Polyester Yarns; I could teach you a lot of how it is important to learn the Engineering subjects!
- Chemical Process Design
- Plant Design
- Heat Transfer Operations and Equipment Design
- Industrial Polyester Yarn
- Online Tutoring
Right now I'm preparing online material for Engineers all over the world. I have a dream in which online education will break all barriers and let Engineers all over the world learn easier and faster! Please join me in my quest!
The Courses I design are entirely dynamic. You will see theory and then apply it ASAP to a real life problem! I even use the books you are using right now in your engineering courses...
Hope to see you in any of the Courses I'm offering!