ASL Expressions Lessons #1-6
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 12 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- This is a beginning level course in American Sign Language. This is a 6-lesson series in which you will learn the finger spelled alphabet, 20-30 new vocabulary words each lesson and 10-15 practice sentences, plus grammatical and cultural notes.
- There are no requirements or prerequisites to taking this beginning level series.
In this course you will learn 120+ signs, 60+ phrases and sentences, fingerspelling, numbers, basic ASL grammar as well as cultural notes. You will be able to have basic American Sign Language conversations by learning not only the high frequency signs, but also how to construct them into sentences. You will learn how to introduce yourself, ask questions, respond to questions, listen actively and ask for signs you don't know.
- Do you have a Deaf/hard hearing or non verbal family member, friend, co-worker, neighbor, student, client or employee/employer?
- Do you love learning languages and want to learn a language that you can express without making a sound?
- Do you have an aging parent and hate feeling like you are yelling at them all the time?
- Do you have a progressive hearing loss and worry about how you will stay connected with the world around you?
- Are you a teacher in a Special Ed program and see students in your classroom that would benefit greatly from a non-verbal modality of communication?
- Are you a daycare provider and want to incorporate sign language into your routine?
- Are you a homeschooler and want to learn ASL for your foreign language requirements?