American Sign Language "Basics"
- 2 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Know introductions and basic phrases, know how to count to ten and how to fingerspell. Students will also be introduced to the Deaf World and learn a bit about Deaf Culture.
- Students need only to watch the videos and practice along the me. No other tools needed.
In ASL Basics you will learn the foundation to begin your journey into the Deaf World and American Sign Language. This is an introductory course designed to get you started on the right foot... or hand so to speak. Every lesson is presented in a video with practice lessons to help you review everything you've learned. The program is designed to teach you new material while continuing to review material you've already learned. This is a great first step to learning ASL .
- This is an introduction to American Sign Language (ASL). It is a beginner course, very basic. If you know nothing about ASL or have been exposed to the manual alphabet, this course if for you. If you've taken and completed a level 1 course of ASL, you should skip this course and move to the next.
- Sign Language is universal.
- ASL is English on the Hands
- Sign Language is used by all deaf people.
- Most deaf children learn to sign at an early age.
- It is not nice to point when using ASL.
- It is very important to watch a person's hands when she is signing.
- Since I'm hearing, I should talk and sign at the same time.
- Deaf and hard of hearing are the same thing.
- Deaf is not politically correct, we should say, “hearing impaired.”
- Most deaf people can lip read.