The Art of Recording Music
What you'll learn
- You will learn how to record guitar, bass, drums and vocal.
- You will follow me as I record and layer each instrument one by one to create a finished song.
- You will learn how to clean up your recordings so they are ready for the mixing process
- Skills you learn will include Planning, EQ, Editing, Mic placement, settting up Logic X, and creating a smooth workflow
- Apple Mac
- Logic pro X (or similar programme, as the techniques you learn in this course will apply to other setups)
- Recording interface
- At least one microphone.
In this course you will learn how to record a full band set up (guitar, bass, drums, and vocals) layer by layer. Starting by going through a number of approaches that will help you make sense of the process, we then go through the pre-production process, recording set up, and recording itself. At every stage concepts are clear explained, and then you will follow me as I apply them to recording one of my songs. By the end of the course you will be in a position to apply this structure to recording your own songs.
Initially planned as part of a series this is now a stand alone product focused purely on recording. The mixing course is currently on hold.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners and more advanced musicians wanting to learn the approaches and skills required to record themselves
- Individual musicians wanting to record track by track, or bands recording all at once.
- Band members taking on the producer role
- Those wishing to raise their level in order to become a professional engineer, producer or well informed artist.
I have played guitar, drums, bass and sung for 25 years. I have taught a range of instruments for most of these years, and production for around 10. I run Waithe Studios in Camden, London. I write and produce my own songs from start to finish. You can hear my work, and follow what I get up to in my weekly vlog on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC-CzAq0bCu3naTDY2UNNkQ