Art Therapy is for always - not just for one course!
What you'll learn
- This Personal Development Art Therapy course provides you with over 100 Art Therapy exercises
- Self reflection is built into the monthly exercises to develop self awareness as 2023 progresses
- Improve self reflection, self healing, self acceptance and development by making self portraits
- Through personal experience, which accumulates throughout the year, you will learn about the benefits of Art Therapy and Art Therapy Exercises specific to you
- Learn how to be enquiring but also joyful as you experience Art Therapy
- An attitude that is non-judgemental
- Various artistic materials
- No preconceptions - leave your experiences elsewhere behind!
This course is in two sections.
What is art therapy?
How to 'do' art therapy?
What is art therapy used FOR?
Various art therapy exercises
Using social media
Art therapy and...domestic violence
Art therapy and...sex abuse
The second section - remember: Art Therapy is not just for Christmas! - is a one year art therapy set of exercises. Each month you are set and exercise, encouraged to do it and report back to the Q/A. This section will be expanded on as the year progresses.
What is special about this course?
1. Up to date as at 22nd December 2022
2. Very high level of Instructor interaction
3. Emphasis on DOING not passively watching
Throughout the course, worksheets are provided. No copying down of the monthly exercise. a worksheet is provided so you can print out and do during the month.
Who will gain most out of this course?
1. Someone who likes to plan their study time and...
2. ...is willing to become truly involved in the course...
3. ...is happy to comment in a non-judgemental way, on the work of others...
4. ...who is short of time but can manage half an hour a month to do the exercise, think about the process and then write it up to share
Who this course is for:
- Everyone - however little spare time you have
I currently volunteer for:
Different Strokes (Stroke charity) - Ambassador
Age UK - running a book club
NHS - Culture liaison
NHS - interview panels
Sport in Mind - Support
Multiple Sclerosis - Support Worker
Trinity Learning - - visit Primary Schools
Oxford Recovery College - tutor
Horton Hospital - Hospital radio
Story Telling Museum - guide
43+ years experience teaching Economics, Business, Sociology, Politics and other subjects in schools, universities and other colleges - State and Private Sector. Appeared in 100+ films (including corporate training and fitness videos). 100+ books on Amazon. Featured by the BBC, Polish TV, The Times, The Telegraph and...The Sun.
· University of Oxford (Philosophy and Economics)
· Oxford Brookes (Teacher training)
· University of Glamorgan (Business and Economics)
· Professional qualifications at Masters level
· Business and Economics degree
· Examiner for four major examining boards, at ‘O’ and ‘A’ level.
· Three teaching diplomas plus CELTA
· Qualified fitness trainer
Key academic positions held:
· Principal Oxford School of Learning
· Director of Studies: St Joseph’s Hall, Oxford
· Head of Economics: Cherwell Tutors
· Head of Business and Economics: Pipers Corner School, Buckingham
Founder: Almost Random Theatre
Business and Economics background
Set up and ran Oxford Conferences and ran 50+ Business/Economics conferences at schools - all fees to charity
Amazon Business/Economics books include:
· Case studies for Business
· Time management for teachers
· Creativity techniques in Economics
· Drucker in Business Studies
· Creativity in Business
· Business calculations
· Further applications of de Bono
· Applying de Bono
· Philosophy Games
Taught students at the University of Oxford , Brookes University and schools in the state and independent sector
Principal of Oxford School of Learning for 15 years
Created OSL Training and trained Business, Psychology and Sociology teachers
Set up Marketing Education Services in the 1980s and sold cassette tape recordings of my lectures at the University of Oxford
Featured in The Times, The Telegraph, the BBC, ITV and Polish national television owing to the success of my teaching techniques and subsequent success of my students.
Ex-Buyer for a major car company
Psychology and Motivation background
Author of 100+ books on Amazon (mainly Business/Economics/Psychology) including:
· GCSE Psychology thru Mind Maps
· AS/A2 Psychology
· AS Psychology thru Mind Maps
· A2 Psychology thru Mind Maps
· Lifestyle Plan
· The Internet and Psychology
Through his own business OSL Training has run training courses for teachers of Psychology
Writer of several plays about death and appeared in films dealing with death
Theatre and Film Career
· 2012 - set up Almost Random Theatre.
· Since 2012 the theatre has delivered workshops in Scotland, Wales, Czech Republic and Poland as well as 15 schools in England.
· Chris has written/directed over 50 short and 3 one-Act plays that have subsequently been performed in London and Oxford.
· Scripts for three of his plays have been sold, via an Independent publisher, to schools in the UK.
· Course-creator/author of Coping with Old Age and Death - one person's perspective.
· He has also had plays put on - and performed in - Oxford and Brighton Fringes, London, Scotland and Wales.
· Chris has appeared in over 112 films.
· Ambassador for Heart UK
· Stoke Lead and member of Research panel for the Stroke Association
· Board member of Stroke Club UK
· Ambassador for Different Strokes (charity)
· Member of PHC (Public Health Collaboration) UK
· Author of 6-volume Lifestyle Manual
· Author of other Lifestyle books on Amazon
· Originator of the Holman Protocol
Nothing in any of Chris's courses should be interpreted as linking to or representing any of the above stroke organisations.