Art Therapy for Men (Oxford Diploma)
What you'll learn
- Art Therapy Exercises - with feedback
- Research studies about art therapy for men
- How Presidents relax
- Art Therapy in prisons
- How Art Therapy reduces global costs for health
- no but this is an art therapy course with exercises so some drawing/painting materials will be needed.
Note: this course does not qualify the recipient to perform any form of therapy or counseling for any other person
This is an unusual course as it is designed to be of use/application to men in particular. Of course it is not 'exclusive' just a slight bias. Studies are referenced where appropriate.
Please remember that this course includes:
a. the lectures themselves
b. the Q/A section - make full use of it!
c. regular Educational Announcements
d. workbooks and feedback
The course topics include:
Studies on the impact of Art Therapy on males
The work of Eminem (Warnings are given!)
Various Art Therapy exercises (prepare to be surprised!)
Analysis of your own work - with examples!
Dwight D Eisenhower (His stress reduction methods may be a surprise!)
The work of Dr Furth
Figures of people
A house, a tree, the sun, a river, a snake
Art Therapy Exercises! (Make sure you do them and then share them in the Q/A)
Completion of this course also entitles you to the Oxford Diploma (Art Therapy for Men) - full details are on the course. It need to be stressed though that this:
1. Is NOT from Oxford University (It is from the Oxford School of Learning)
2. It does NOT qualify you to be an Art Therapist
3. It is not just 'given away' you have to do some work!
The Oxford Diploma is not available from any other Instructor although several of my own courses include the Diploma (at various levels).
Who this course is for:
- All students interested in art therapy exercises - especially men
I currently volunteer for:
Different Strokes (Stroke charity) - Ambassador
Age UK - running a book club
NHS - Culture liaison
NHS - interview panels
Sport in Mind - Support
Multiple Sclerosis - Support Worker
Trinity Learning - - visit Primary Schools
Oxford Recovery College - tutor
Horton Hospital - Hospital radio
Story Telling Museum - guide
43+ years experience teaching Economics, Business, Sociology, Politics and other subjects in schools, universities and other colleges - State and Private Sector. Appeared in 100+ films (including corporate training and fitness videos). 100+ books on Amazon. Featured by the BBC, Polish TV, The Times, The Telegraph and...The Sun.
· University of Oxford (Philosophy and Economics)
· Oxford Brookes (Teacher training)
· University of Glamorgan (Business and Economics)
· Professional qualifications at Masters level
· Business and Economics degree
· Examiner for four major examining boards, at ‘O’ and ‘A’ level.
· Three teaching diplomas plus CELTA
· Qualified fitness trainer
Key academic positions held:
· Principal Oxford School of Learning
· Director of Studies: St Joseph’s Hall, Oxford
· Head of Economics: Cherwell Tutors
· Head of Business and Economics: Pipers Corner School, Buckingham
Founder: Almost Random Theatre
Business and Economics background
Set up and ran Oxford Conferences and ran 50+ Business/Economics conferences at schools - all fees to charity
Amazon Business/Economics books include:
· Case studies for Business
· Time management for teachers
· Creativity techniques in Economics
· Drucker in Business Studies
· Creativity in Business
· Business calculations
· Further applications of de Bono
· Applying de Bono
· Philosophy Games
Taught students at the University of Oxford , Brookes University and schools in the state and independent sector
Principal of Oxford School of Learning for 15 years
Created OSL Training and trained Business, Psychology and Sociology teachers
Set up Marketing Education Services in the 1980s and sold cassette tape recordings of my lectures at the University of Oxford
Featured in The Times, The Telegraph, the BBC, ITV and Polish national television owing to the success of my teaching techniques and subsequent success of my students.
Ex-Buyer for a major car company
Psychology and Motivation background
Author of 100+ books on Amazon (mainly Business/Economics/Psychology) including:
· GCSE Psychology thru Mind Maps
· AS/A2 Psychology
· AS Psychology thru Mind Maps
· A2 Psychology thru Mind Maps
· Lifestyle Plan
· The Internet and Psychology
Through his own business OSL Training has run training courses for teachers of Psychology
Writer of several plays about death and appeared in films dealing with death
Theatre and Film Career
· 2012 - set up Almost Random Theatre.
· Since 2012 the theatre has delivered workshops in Scotland, Wales, Czech Republic and Poland as well as 15 schools in England.
· Chris has written/directed over 50 short and 3 one-Act plays that have subsequently been performed in London and Oxford.
· Scripts for three of his plays have been sold, via an Independent publisher, to schools in the UK.
· Course-creator/author of Coping with Old Age and Death - one person's perspective.
· He has also had plays put on - and performed in - Oxford and Brighton Fringes, London, Scotland and Wales.
· Chris has appeared in over 112 films.
· Ambassador for Heart UK
· Stoke Lead and member of Research panel for the Stroke Association
· Board member of Stroke Club UK
· Ambassador for Different Strokes (charity)
· Member of PHC (Public Health Collaboration) UK
· Author of 6-volume Lifestyle Manual
· Author of other Lifestyle books on Amazon
· Originator of the Holman Protocol
Nothing in any of Chris's courses should be interpreted as linking to or representing any of the above stroke organisations.