30 Art Therapy Exercises to Unwind and Explore Your Mind
What you'll learn
- Unwind and relax your mind through therapeutic art
- Explore your feelings and emotions
- Explore past events and unresolved incidents
- Improve art technical skills such as drawing, painting, collage
- Improve art conceptual skills such as composition, colour, balance
- Stay in the present
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Apply meditation techniques when creating artwork
- There are no course requirements
Do you enjoy art activities?
Do you want to find ways to unwind and relax your mind?
Perhaps you are interested in exploring your feelings and unresolved incidents?
Do you want to improve your art skills, such as drawing, painting, collage, and so on?
If so, then this is the course for you. Follow me, Emma Lau, as I lead you through 30 different art exercises designed to unwind and relax your mind, and also to explore your emotions and feelings. In addition to this, I will show you ways to improve your artistic skills, such as drawing, painting, collage, and others, as well as improve your art-thinking skills, such as your sense of composition and colour.
Creating art can be immensely therapeutic and in this course, you will find ways to stay present and reduce your stress, all while expressing yourself and improving your artistic abilities.
Who this course is for:
- All ages will benefit from these therapeutic art exercises
- All levels of artistic abilities (from the complete beginner to the seasoned artist) will be able to improve their skills
Emma Lau was born in 1979 and has lived in London (UK), Hong Kong, and, in 2016, relocated with her husband to Toronto, Canada. She is a trained art teacher and has taught art for 13 years, first at London secondary schools and then as Head of Art at an international school in Hong Kong. Emma has taught all ages, from children aged 5 and up, teenagers, and adults. She is also a professional artist having taken part in numerous exhibitions around the world, and has her artwork in many private collections. Emma holds diplomas in psychotherapy and counselling, as well as a number of degrees in art, including a teaching degree, and a Masters of Fine Art.