Arts Therapy: A Student's Perspective on Art Therapy
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 5 articles
- 69 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Explore facets of your personality you never knew existed
- Use art as a means of self expression
- Create art without judgement
- Create art as a means for self healing and self discovery
- Enjoy art as a family bonding exercise
- Build on your self esteem and increase your confidence levels
- Use art as a means of relaxation and to unwind
- Enjoy the benefits that creative art brings to our emotional and physical well being
- Use art for the purpose of active meditation
- Learn many different techniques to use art for pure enjoyment and recreation
- Create Mandalas and Zentangles
- The perfect thing about this course is that no prior experience or knowledge is required.
- The only thing you will need, is an imagination and an open mind!
We are the World’s number one provider of Arts Therapy Courses, with more than 180,000 students in 192 countries.
On completion of this course you will be eligible for full Accreditation with the CPD Standards Office, which is a prestigious professional organisation, recognised throughout the world, including the USA, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Asia and Africa.
If you opt for accreditation, you’ll also get a diploma and 10 hours of CPD / CEU / CE Credits (depending on what country you reside).
Arts Therapy: A Student's Perspective on Art Therapy
Art Therapy is an area that is being used in many different settings. This is the fifth in the series of my Therapeutic Art / Arts Therapy courses, and can be enjoyed by everyone.
This course is a student's perspective relating to my very first arts therapy course: Arts Therapy - Arts Therapy For Self Healing (Part One).
It is a breathtaking collection of lectures that capture over eighty artists' interpretation of the exercises I taught in my very first course: Arts Therapy - Arts Therapy For Self Healing (Part One).
You will gain an insight to their personal journeys and how they have used the course for self healing and self discovery.
Being a student of this course gives you the opportunity to be part of an intimate community and have access to a private online sharing gallery. This is an exclusive group where my students share and support each other as we journey together using arts therapy and the creative process.
You don't need to be a great artist, or indeed consider yourself to be particularly creative. All you need is an imagination and an open mind to get the most from this Therapeutic Art / Arts Therapy course.
The course comes with a lifetime access and unparalleled support from myself, which is available 365 days a year.
The course is self paced and offers you complete flexibility. Choose to study at a time and place that suits you, safe in the knowledge that help is always at hand.
Art and the therapeutic creative process of creating art, can be incredibly useful for children who may have experienced bullying or trauma and can provide a safe sanctuary to share our feelings and emotions.
The therapeutic, creative process of self expression, can improve our physical and mental health, as well as our emotional well being.
It helps us to manage our feelings in a more positive way
Can give us the confidence to address and resolve issues from the past and present
Increase self esteem and develop a greater self awareness
Creating art through Therapeutic Art, provides an outlet to express yourself freely, which will encourage and promote a healthier, happier life.
Did you know that colouring-in books for adults are outselling cook books? Colouring-in for just twenty minutes a day, can bring you enormous benefits, including:
A more relaxed state of mind
Lowering stress hormones
Help with insomnia
Therapeutic Art may sound a bit daunting, especially if you believe yourself not to be particularly artistic or creative. However, this need not be an issue, as the purpose of art is simply to express, and not to judge, or compare.
Art should be an extension of how you're feeling, and for that you are your own expert.
Here's just a few of the lectures included in this Arts Therapy course:
Scribble drawing for relaxation
Create your own healing comic strip
Becoming your own superhero
Writing your pain a letter
A healing postcard
Spontaneous image diary
Keeping a gratitude jar
Create your own colour wheel
Painting your emotions
Exploring our inner and outer self
Self soothing images
Creating your future with a vision board
Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs
Self body state using watercolours
Create your own emotions wheel
Zentangles and mandalas
Accessing your inner child
The "About Me" Cube
A family is a kingdom
My "good Well-Being" teapot
- Anyone who enjoys art
- Anyone who likes to be creative
- The course is suitable for everyone and can be used with the whole family as a family bonding experience
- Those people who would like to work on their self esteem and their self confidence
- People who would like to express themselves better
- Those people who would like to try active meditation using art
- People who may be recovering from trauma or illness
- People who would like to be introduced to a wide range of art approaches
Welcome to the course!
Thank you to Venetia for taking part in this lecture as part of this art therapy course
Thank you to Rachael for taking part in this lecture as part of this art therapy course
Thank you to Kristal for taking part in this lecture as part of this art therapy course
Thank you to Janis for taking part in this lecture as part of this art therapy course
Thank you to Rochelle for taking part in this lecture as part of this art therapy course
Thank you to Adrijana for taking part in this lecture as part of this art therapy course