Art of the Shaman
What you'll learn
- Practical spiritual tools from Meso-American Shamanic practices
With the pandemic, social unrest, and a world in turmoil, we have all been forced to reassess our values and goals. Periods of upheaval like these often bring tremendous hardships and… opportunities. What then, is our best course of action during such pivotal times?
To face adversity as a spiritual warrior of which shamans are masters. In this course, we’ll learn to be centered and invincible even while facing the most daunting of daily challenges. It’s an art, the art of our lives. We’ll find courage and strategies to face inner demons––fear, judgment, self-importance, ignorance. From within, out; that’s how we will bring peace to ourselves and then to the world. Be the joy you want in the world. This process will be central to this course.
Shamanic Tools for Tough Times
We will face our challenges by providing shamanic tools––strategies, meditations, wisdoms, and practices––that address a wide selection of life problems from personal issues to global concerns. Distilled from the best of Eastern and Western wisdom traditions, these tools transcend race or religion and have been effective for centuries.
"Fu-Ding is a nagual, a Master. He is one of the best Toltec teachers I know."
––Don Miguel Ruiz, Author of The Four Agreements
At the end of the course, you will have the shamanic tools to…
• face setbacks and adversity with new eyes and become invincible by
learning how to convert tragedies into compassion and wisdom;
• accelerate your spiritual progress through the "Three Clear Paths," a practical philosophy I’ve been teaching for the last 25 years. They’ve been distilled down to what I find absolutely essential if you want to reach any level of self-fulfillment and well-being. You'll see what they are, why they’re so important, and receive step-by-step instructions so that they can be brought into your daily life;
• enjoy your process of self-transformation; these shamanic tools will not only keep you calm and centered despite the ups and downs of life but also set you on a clear path towards self-fulfillment and personal freedom.
* * *
Who this course is for:
- Business professionals in the finance, technology or design industries who is interested in developing their interpersonal communication skills
- People who have recently faced a professional or personal setback and want to learn how to take advantage of this time of intense change
- Artists who want to expand their creative power and intuition
- People who are seeking personal transformation on a spiritual level
- Students of Don Miguel Ruiz's "The Four Agreements" and Shamanic toltec wisdom
Fu-Ding's multi-faceted career began as an architect and continued as an artist and graphic artist (Heart's "Dog and Butterfly," Chicago's "Live at Carnegie Hall."). As an award-winning independent filmmaker, his first film, Ethero, was shown at the Whitney Museum in New York, and his most recent one, The Winged Cage won a gold prize at the Houston International Film Festival. He was the recipient of the prestigious Independent Filmmaker's Grant from the American Film Institute with which he created another prize-winning film, Flight of Ideas. In 2001, his children's book, Dream-House, was published by Hampton Roads, and that year, the Hammer Museum and LA Filmforum presented a retrospective of his pioneering mystical adventure films, Zen-Tales for the Urban Explorer.
At the same time for the last twenty-five years, Fu-Ding has been teaching spiritual and shamanic practices through his art, films, books, and workshops. In his continuing efforts to bring together art and spirituality, he pioneered in 2001 the class, Shamanic Tools for the Filmmaker at the N. Carolina School of the Arts, and recently, Shamanic Tools for Creativity at Otis College of Art and Design. In 2015, he condensed a lifetime of spiritual experiences into Map of Desire, Shamanic Tools for Self-Fulfillment. This unique book features maps of our inner landscape, our psychological terrain. In 2019 he was selected to be one of fifteen shamans who participated in Shift Network's Shamanic Global Summit. In response to the crisis and uncertainty of our day, he has now made these teachings available for the first time in an online course, "Shamanic Tools for Changing Times." With his passion as an artist and filmmaker, students find the lessons come alive with colorful pictures and stories.
Fu-Ding's teachings are based on timeless wisdom traditions East and West, and Fu-Ding’s life-long spiritual quest. This culminated in his breakthrough awakening with a world-renowned shaman, don Miguel Ruiz (The Four Agreements). Apprenticed to him in 1995 in Teotihuacan, Mexico, Fu-Ding underwent a momentous ritual called Jump to the Sun, and woke up from the “dream of the planet.” For months, he'd wake up every morning in utter euphoria and wander the neighborhood park feeling blessed just to walk on this magnificent, perfumed planet. Since that ritual, nothing has been quite the same. Though it would take years to fully assimilate the full value of that ritual, one thing was clear: he had woken up and gained personal freedom!
Since then, Fu-Ding has devoted his life to spreading the deepest wisdom to the widest number of people. His workshops, books and courses are relatable because they've been tested by adversity; his life was not always easy. Beginning with years of hardship through childhood tragedies, violence, and foster homes, his struggles eventually led him to insights and extraordinary experiences that transformed his tragedies into the greatest treasure he could imagine for anyone––waking up and gaining personal freedom.