The Art of Baking with Yuppiechef
- You will need a kitchen with basic tools, but we provide a detailed list of ingredients and what is needed for each lesson.
Baking has been called many things. Grandmother’s best kept secret, a science and even an art. At Yuppiechef, we believe that armed with the right knowledge, anyone can become a proficient baker in no time at all.
In this online course hosted by renowned author and food blogger Sarah Graham, we'll share with you the foundational knowledge and know-how you'll need to master key baking subjects such as cake, home-made bread and pastries.
Sarah started her food blog in May 2010, and later that year was the first South African food blogger to be awarded a book contract. Since then, Sarah has gone on to author her cookbooks, ‘Bitten’ and ‘Smitten,’ and her own TV shows.
Complete the course at your own pace, in the comfort of your own home and on the device of your choice. Once completed, you can revisit all the course material as many times as you like. Ready to show baking who's boss?
- Baking is for everyone! We cover the basics, and introduce more advanced baking techniques, so this course is applicable for all levels.
- Introduction to The Art of Baking00:54
- Ready, Steady, Bake07:44
- Ready, Stead, Bake Quiz10 questions
- Cookies and Biscuits07:50
- Cookies and Biscuits Quiz10 questions
- Homemade Bread07:50
- Homemade Bread Quiz11 questions
- Cake Basics08:21
- Cake Basics Quiz10 questions
- Assembly and Icing10:36
- Assembly and Icing Quiz10 questions
- Perfect Pastry11:00
- Perfect Pastry Quiz10 questions
Yuppiechef is on a mission to bring people together through the cooking and sharing of good food.
We believe that preparing, cooking and sharing a meal with good company is the very essence of what makes life good. And it is our dream to give you every excuse under the sun to organise that long overdue get-together with those you love, and those you'd like to love more.