Art Journaling: An Introduction
What you'll learn
- In this course you will learn how to get started creating your background without being intimidated by that blank page.
- After adding layers to your background, you will learn about different focal points and adding them along with words and quotes.
- You will complete three pages in your art journal by the end of this course!
- You will to use only craft basic supplies. No need to spend a fortune.
- No prior knowledge is required. This a great class for beginners.
- You will need very basic art supplies.
In this class, you will learn the basics of art journaling. I will begin by explaining what art journaling is and go over the supplies you will need. Next, I will talk a bit about color inspiration before diving right into the background of our journal page. I will then show you how to build up layers of texture and add a focal point and any inspirational words or quotes. You will have completed three journal pages by the end of this course! I look forward to teaching you.
Who this course is for:
- If you are interested in learning all about art journaling then this course is for you. No drawing or painting experience necessary.
- Do you have artist block or are just uninspired? This is a great course to get those creative juices flowing.
- This course is for beginners or anyone who needs a refresher.
I am a sculptor, mixed media artist, and avid art journaler. I work primarily with air-dry clays, plaster, and acrylics. I will often use a mix of these amongst found items and embellishments in my work.
I am also an online teacher with courses on Skillshare and Udemy. I am teaching in Art Walk Alchemy 2020 an online collaborative of mixed media teachers. You can find out more about this year-long course on my blog Paper Mache Patch.
I design for several companies. Design teams I am currently on are:
The Creative Paper Clay® Co.
The Robin’s Nest Design Team