Art for Kids and Beginners: Learn to Paint Acrylic Paintings
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Create 8 amazing acrylic paintings.
- Apply the knowledge gained in this course to create unique masterpieces.
- Learn interesting facts about the subject of each painting.
- Participate in an activity that cultivates critical thinking skills, develops hand-eye coordination, and encourages self-expression.
- Students will need a computer, tablet, or smart phone, and an internet connection.
- Materials and Supplies needed for this course are listed in the Course Summary, and also in Lecture 3.
- Bring it: A desire to create some delightful works of art!
Recent feedback about this course:
Another Amazing Course! Miss Em has the BEST courses! My daughter loved this one so much as well! Educational and fun! They're the best! Thanks Miss Em!
Are you seeking a course that will ensure artistic success and confidence?
The Art for Kids: Beginning Acrylic Painting course may be just what you are looking for! Designed with beginners in mind, this course is perfect for children ages 8-12 years old. With a total of 8 fun and unique acrylic art painting projects, your child will learn the skills to create masterpieces of their own long after the course is complete.
There are two (sometimes three) steps in each art project:
- Step 1: Paint Background or Outline
- Step 2: Paint Main Subject onto Background
The process used to teach each project is a kid-tested, step-by-step method that will both inspire and delight your child into painting action! This process involves observing, following instructions, and creating until the student is happy with the desired outcome.
Students will learn basic acrylic painting techniques and apply these techniques to complete each project. The Art for Kids: Beginning Acrylic Painting course is designed to give children the tools they need to begin their artistic journey into self-expression, reflection, and creative thinking.
Supplies and materials needed for this course:
- heavy paper (acrylic paper works great!)
- acrylic paints (various colors)
- paintbrushes (small, medium, large)
- small piece of cardboard
- pencil with eraser
- paper towels
- paper plates
- bowl of water
I would love to hear from you.
Please let me know if you have questions, comments, or suggestions. I will get back to you ASAP.
About the Instructor:
My name is Miss Em and teaching art to children is what I love to do! I pride myself on creating dynamic, meaningful, and engaging art lessons that are taught in a relaxing and joyful way. I have nearly 20 years teaching experience in the elementary classroom and in the art studio, and I feel that I have a good grasp on how to create an environment that makes children feel happy, motivated, confident, and successful.
I look forward to seeing both you and your child in this Art for Kids course.
Let the creative fun begin!
- This is a beginning acrylic painting course designed for ages 8+.
In this video, you will meet your instructor, learn who will benefit from this course and what this course is about, and see examples of completed projects.
This video will describe the supplies and materials you will need for this course.