Aromatherapy level 2; intermediate study
- 11.5 hours on-demand video
- 22 articles
- 13 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- This course will build upon student’s previous level one learning, which includes an A to Z of aromatic essential oils, their uses, properties and qualities. Students learn about a range of carrier oils in which to blend essential oils. Students will learn about professional standards for holistic therapists. Students begin their learning of anatomy and physiology. Students access demonstration videos of self-massage applications and creating products. Students do have assignments to complete.
- Students look at essential oils for menopause, insects stings, bites and repellents, lip balm and making a gel for hair and skin care.
- Students need a computer, internet and pdf software to download their manual.
- Students will require essential oils, carrier oils and steralised dark bottles or glass dish and metal spoons.
- Students will be expected to do further reading and learning of the concepts shared in the course. This may require purchasing books or access to the internet.
- Students are required to have completed the free taste of aromatherapy and the level one Aromatherapy beginners course before enrolling onto this course.
- Students who wish to use Aromatherapy in massage application are required to complete Body Massage course offered by us on this platform. However students who already hold a professional diploma in body massage can supply evidence of this and be covered by this requisite.
Hi and Welcome to this course which has recently been redesigned and reproduced.
This course is suitable for personal learning, to support any current in class training programme you are on, or for personal interest. This course follows on from level one aromatherapy course and precedes the level 3 Professional Qualified diploma Aromatherapy course. The professional qualified diploma Aromatherapy course has received IICT approval but is accepted by the professional membership group British Holistic Therapy Organisation.
This course is a pre-requisite to the professional aromatherapist diploma course to have completed this course.
Upon completion and submission of coursework, which includes case studies, and final exam students will receive a certificate from Calm Oasis Holistic Therapy (no sooner than 8 weeks after completion of the course) Note: there is a requisite for aromatherapy massage that students hold a professional diploma or are enrolled onto, and progressing through, the Calm Oasis Holistic Therapy Professional Qualification in Body Massage course.
Before commencing this course please take a look at the free Aromatherapy course, ensure that you have completed the level one course as they are prerequisite courses and we do check that students have completed them and remain enrolled onto the course.
Aromatherapy is an ancient practice stemming back some thousands of years. It is an art and science of utilising aromatic essential oils to aid health and well-being. These essential oils are collected from plant material; flowers, seeds, roots, tree bark are just some of the materials essential oils are collected from. The essential oils have therapeutic properties that aid many ailments, help with nourishing our mind and body, and lift our spirits.
This course is also available to students who wish to learn about aromatherapy essential oils to improve their own health and maintain their wellbeing, and their loved ones, without any desire to become a qualified Aromatherapist.
Some of the subjects covered in this course:
Professional standards for therapists
Reception and consultation
Anatomy and physiology
A brief History of Aromatherapy
What is Aromatherapy?
What is essential oils?
Where essential oils come from.
How essential oils enter the body
Carrier oils and how we use them with essential oils.
Methods of collection essential oils.
Purchasing essential oils
Blending, mixing and dilution that have some demonstration videos with them
Health, safety and storage of essential oils
A brief look at plant families
A to Z of essential oils (therapeutic properties, uses and applications)
Self application of essential oil massage blends - demonstrations
Recipe of delight - creating signature massage blends for personal use.
Students receive lifetime access to recorded materials and a Udemy certificate of completion.
students, upon completion of all course work receive a certificate of completion from Udemy a certificate from Calm Oasis Holistic
For to achieve the professional diploma certificate students will have completed the Professional Body massage course and fulfilled those requisites, or provide evidence of being qualified in body massage by supplying a copy of a Professional Body Massage Diploma. But also will need to provide case study's for this Professional Diploma certificate.
Students will require to complete the Covid-19 return to work guidelines course, infection control and sepsis awareness courses in advance of recieving people for case studies, they will also require membership and insurance to practice case studies.
This course is ideal for those students who are:
Looking for the very best natural healing methods available.
Are eager to be empowered in the decisions about their own health.
Eager to discover ancient methods applicable for modern times in overcoming health concerns.
Keen to discover easy, simple and natural ways to overcome health worries.
Interested in discovering fun and enjoyable ways to improve and maintain health.
Interested in exploring and researching to broaden their learning.
Want to learn how to make personal products for personal use.
For students who want to become professional Aromatherapists and to provide Aromatherapy massage as part of their services
Who want to access professional membership and professional Idemnity insurance (currently UK and EU member states)
- Students interested in Aromatherapy who enjoy a slow paced approach to learning.
- Students who are open, dedicated and want to learn natural and holistic health methods for self-care.
- Students who want to progress onto and gain a professional diploma of Aromatherapy and to practice Aromatherapy.
- Students who want to learn aromatherapy to help and support their health and well-being in nautral ways will benefit from this course, and of course the student does not need to complete the course work if they only wish to use this for their own wellbeing needs.
This section is being redesigned and reproduced. But students will be introduced to their course instructor, course overview, and outcomes.
Introduction to anatomy and physiology there is a supplementary document to download with student coursework and assignments within.
Summer time is a time of being outside in the sunshine and the suns rays help to increase our vitamin D levels which are essential for our calcium levels and for many bodily functions and especially for bone building. Yet we smoother our skin with sunblock which is full of harmful chemicals! That aside we all want to enjoy the summer time and so this segment takes a look at making a blend of essential oils to repel insects and late I will add a demonstration video to make your own sun screen.