- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 5 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Define aromatherapy as used for therapeutic purposes
- Review the history and current state of the aromatherapy industry
- Understand how essential oils are produced
- Be aware of common contraindications and cautions for using essential oils
- Choose essential oils that will have the benefits you're seeking
- Know what reputable resources are available for further study
- An internet connection and access to a computer with speakers (or headphones)
- No previous aromatherapy study is required - this is for the beginner
- Recommended but not required: a small selection of essential oils to examine during the course such as Eucalyptus, Rosemary, Frankincense, Sweet Orange, Juniperberry, and Lavender
This is a basic introduction to aromatherapy and the use of essential oils for therapeutic purposes. It's designed with the absolute beginner in mind. If you've always wondered about aromatherapy, but have never studied it formally (or if it's been a very long time since you have) then this course is for you!
The topics covered are:
- What is Aromatherapy?
- History of Aromatherapy
- Current Trends
- Distillation, Extraction and Storage
- Safe Use, Cautions and Contraindications
- Overview of benefits
- Base Oils and Products
- Further Study
This aromatherapy course is not affiliated with any products company or multi-level marketing scheme. It is purely educational. You do not need to purchase anything to go through this course, although if you already have a few essential oils on hand to sniff and examine during the lectures, that's great!
You should complete this course before moving on to more advanced topics such as blending and aromatherapy treatment design. This course is more conceptual than a workshop would be. It will give you the knowledge you need to jumpstart your aromatherapy practice and confidence to begin using essential oils.
- Anyone with an interest in aromatherapy, natural products, and harnessing the power of nature for body, mind and spirit
- Holistic practitioners
The basic categories of essential oils and their general benefits to the mind, body and spirit are covered in this lecture. These categories include Herbs, Citrus, Conifer Trees, Other Trees, Leaves/Grasses, and Flowers.
Here's a little bit about my life and experiences in case you're wondering about my background. This is completely unnecessary for the course, but since we don't get to meet face to face in a classroom....
You can also view my professional profile and connect with me on LinkedIn at: http://www.linkedin.com/in/suzannelgibson