Embedded Systems using the ARM Mbed Platform
What you'll learn
- By the end of this course you will be familiar with the ARM mbed platform
- You will learn the fundamentals of LEDs. Seven Segment Displays, LCDs, Analog and Serial Interfaces
- Basics of C programming
- Fundamental knowledge of logic and a knowing what is programming
- A Freescale Freedom KL25Z ARM mbed board (optional for best results)
- LED, LCD, Seven Segment Displays, Potentiometer (optional for best results)
- PC with windows (preferred) or linux
This course teaches and walks through the implementation of various interfaces with the ARM mbed platform. The mbed development platform is the fastest way to create products based on ARM microcontrollers. The project is being developed by ARM, its Partners and the contributions of the global mbed Developer Community.
The course is divided into six sections (17 lectures) with each section discussing the theory, programming and lab of each interface. The interfaces taught in this course are
2. Seven Segment Displays
3. Character LCD (16 x 2)
4. Matrix Keypad
5. Analog Inputs
6. Serial Communication
Candidates who take this course can gain a skill set with which they can design electronic platforms for industry as well as for their personal hobby.
For this course You will need a hardware mbed board called the Freedom KL25Z board from Freescale Semiconductors. You can get more information about the board from
https://mbed dot org/handbook/mbed-FRDM-KL25Z
there are links to purchase the board as well. If you have doubts about ordering the hardware send an email to email@example.com
Who this course is for:
- Hobbyists with a background in electronics
- Undergraduate students in Electrical/Electronics/Electronics and Telecommunication/Computer Engineering
- Graduate students in Electrical/Electronics/Electronics and Telecommunication/Computer Engineering
- Working professionals in the electronics industry
Eduvance is founded by Ph.D. alumni from U.S. universities. We are dedicated towards providing participants with state of the art training in technology.
We do this by introducing participants to projects and research topics that are at par with leading universities in the United States.
This will make the participants technically sound and prepare them for future challenges.
We are advised by U.S. based researchers, faculty and industry professionals that have a proven track record in their field.
The research and development activities that have been running inhouse at Eduvance has resulted in publication of 21 research papers and filing of 12 patents.