Arduino Mastery Projects
What you'll learn
- Convert the broad specifications of a system into a working gadget.
- Understand the iterative process of prototyping
- Understand the challenges of implementing an idea into a gadget
- Appreciate that a single set of specifications can be implemented in a variety of ways
- Earn confidence in their ability to make simple gadgets
- Basic understanding of the Arduino platform
- An Arduino Uno
- The Arduino IDE installed on your computer
- Basic hardware components (see free Lecture 4 for details)
- Basic tools (see free Lecture 3 for details)
- Know how to use the Arduino IDE to write sketches and upload them to the Arduino
- Know how to install libraries to your Arduino IDE
- Understanding of programming the Arduino at the beginner level
If you have already taken, or are in the process of taking my Arduino Step by Step Getting Started course, or if you already know the basics of the Arduino platform, then with a little practice you can create very interesting and fun projects on your own!
We created this project course for anyone who wants to practice the design of simple gadgets based on the Arduino.
These projects will give you the opportunity to apply your knowledge of individual components and simple programming to design and make fun gadgets.
By the end of this course, you will have dramatically improved your skills and confidence in designing small Arduino-based systems. You will be able to go on and create your own gadgets.
Learning how to design a simple system requires you to think not just about the individual components, but also about how they will work together, how the end-user will interact with your gadget, and how to iterate from prototype to the final version
In this course you will practice simple system design by creating 10 gadgets of increasing difficulty.
If you have an Arduino and a few basic components, like environment sensors, an LCD screen, buttons and LEDs, then you are ready to get started with this course!
I invite you to review the free lectures in the first section of the course to find out more details about it.
If you are excited about making simple gadgets with the Arduino, join many other Makers and me in Arduino Step by Step Getting Started - Projects!
PLEASE consider the list of prerequisites of this course carefully. If you are not familiar with any of the prerequisites, please consider enrolling to Arduino Step by Step Getting Started first. That course will help you prepare for this project course.
Who this course is for:
- Current students of Arduino Step by Step Getting Started
- Recent graduates of Arduino Step by Step Getting Started
- Anyone with a beginners-level understanding of the Arduino who wishes to create their first projects
Peter Dalmaris is an educator, electrical engineer, electronics hobbyist, and Maker. Creator of online video courses on DIY electronics and author of three technical books, and has recently released his book Maker Education Revolution.
As a Chief Tech Explorer since 2013 at Tech Explorations, the company he founded in Sydney, Australia, Peter’s mission is to explore technology and help educate the world.
Tech Explorations offers educational courses and Bootcamps for electronics hobbyists, STEM students and STEM teachers.
A life-long learner, Peter’s core skill is in explaining difficult concepts through video and text. With over 15 years of tertiary teaching experience, Peter has developed a simple yet comprehensive style in teaching that students from all around the world appreciate.
His passion for technology and in particular for the world of DIY open source hardware has been a dominant driver that has guided his personal development and his work through Tech Explorations.
Peter’s current online courses have helped over 60,000 people from around the world to be better Makers.
For more information on Peter's work, please go to his web site, techexplorations dot com.