Python for Beginners with Examples
What you'll learn
- Learn Python from scratch
- Learn all Python basics such as variables, functions, conditionals, loops, text processing, file processing and more.
- Learn the basics by using real-world examples
- Create a command-line-based program
- Create a desktop app that converts between different units
- Create a standalone version of the desktop app that runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux computers
- Learn the wxPython GUI library to develop desktop graphical user interfaces
- Create a web application that runs on the browser
- Deploy a web application to a live server so everyone who has a browser can use it
- Learn the Flask web framework to do web development with Python
- A working computer (Windows, Mac, or Linux)
- No prior knowledge of Python is required
This Python course has everything you need to know to start coding in Python and not even that, by the end of the course, you will know how to build complete programs and also build graphical user interfaces for your programs so you can impress your employer or your friends. I will guide you step by step, starting from the basics and always assuming you don't have previous programming experience or a computer science degree. In fact, most people who learn Python come from a wide variety of careers.
This course is designed to teach you Python and give you a real feel of how to use Python in a real environment. You will get this real-world Python experience by gaining free access to a remote server where Python is already installed. You will write and run Python programs directly on that remote computer in an easy fashion by simply using your internet browser. This will also allow you to run Python programs 24/7 on that server and let the apps do interesting tasks while you sleep. That will make you understand Python's real power in a real server environment, and I will guide you through the entire process.
The course is ideal for those who haven't programmed before. It also works for experienced programmers who don't know Python because the course offers you a training package so dense with information and practical activities you will not need to look further.
Besides videos, you will also find a lot of Python exercises in the course. These are interactive exercises that you can solve directly on the Udemy exercise interface. The course also contains quizzes that will help you constantly check the knowledge you get during the videos. This variety of learning material will help you solidify your Python skills and give you a fun learning experience.
This course has all you need to get you started. After you take it, you will be ready to go to the next level of specializing in one of the Python fields, such as data science or web development. Python is one of the most needed skills nowadays. Sign up today!
Who this course is for:
- Those who don't know where to start with learning Python.
- Those who want to use Python regardless of the technology field they want to apply the language to.
- Those who need a complete guide on how to start and continue their career with Python.
Hi, I am Ardit! I am a Python programmer, teacher, and founder of PythonHow. I graduated in 2013 with a Master of Science in Geospatial Technologies from the University of Muenster in Germany with a focus on using Python for remote sensing.
I have worked with companies from various countries, such as the Center for Conservation Geography, to map and understand Australian ecosystems, image processing with the Swiss in-Terra, and performing data mining to gain business insights with the Australian Rapid Intelligence.
If you want to learn Python through my courses, I propose the following learning path: Start with The Python Mega Course 2022: Build 10 Real-World Applications. Students love that course as a comprehensive real-world guide to Python and building programs with Python. After finishing that course, take my Automate Everything with Python course if you want to use Python to make small-to-medium programs. That course contains everything you need to start using Python as your swiss army knife. On the other hand, if you are interested in making large applications, my advanced course Advanced Python: Python OOP with 10 Real-World Programs would be a better choice. All the courses are listed here on my Udemy profile page.