Introduction to ESRI's ArcGIS Desktop
What you'll learn
- About ArcGIS Software, Basic and Standard Tools in ArcGIS Desktop, Georeferencing, Coordinate System, Digitizatioin- Shapefile/Geodatabase
- Overlay Analysis, Clip, Mosaic, Join & Relate, 3d Analysis (DEM) etc.
- Basic computer knowledge
- Interest in GIS
GIS is essentially becoming a one of the fastest growing industry today all around the world. ArcGIS is a family of client, server and online Geographic Information System (GIS) software developed and maintained by Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI), California, USA. ArcGIS was first released in 1999 and originally was released as ARC/INFO, a command line-based GIS system for manipulating data. ARC/INFO was later merged into ArcGIS Desktop, which was eventually superseded by ArcGIS Pro in 2015. ArcGIS Pro works in 2D and 3D for cartography and visualization, and includes artificial Intelligence (AI). Esri also provides server-side ArcGIS software for web maps, known as ArcGIS Server.
This course is designed to introduce the ESRI's ArcGIS software to the beginners or the professionals along with the academic personnel who wish to learn the ESRI products. It will help for learning all basic tools and also some of the advanced tools like spatial analysis, DEM analysis (3D Analysis using Digital Elevation Model). The course will be running from the very basics about ArcGIS software like georeferencing to some advance geospatial analysis tools e.g. Union, Spatial join etc.
· Tools, Functionalities in ArcGIS, Licensing Levels, and Extensions in ArcGIS.
· Georeferencing a scanned raster map
· Digitization (Shp file and GDB methods)
· Attributes, Labels, and Symbology
· Join, Buffer
· Spatial Overlay Analysis: Union, Intersect, Spatial Join, etc
· 3d Analysis: Slope, Contours, Aspect, Hillshade, etc
Who this course is for:
- Beginner in GIS, Geoinformatics Students, GIS Professionals, Geography Graduates, Engineering Graduates
- Professors in Geography/ GIS/ Engg., Researchers, Scientists in Geospatial, People who have interest in GIS
I am a Freelance GIS Consultant based in Pune (India). I have 10 Years Experience of academic and industry in Geospatial field. I have hands on experience on ArcGIS, Erdas Imagine, QGIS, Google Earth Pro, Autocad Map etc GIS software. I am continuously involved in awareness of geospatial technology among graduate students and hence I have given speech on geospatial technology in many colleges/ institutuions. I am also the founder of Knowhere Geomatics, Pune.