Arabic of the Quran from Beginner to Advanced
What you'll learn
- Know 2000+ Arabic words
- Speak Arabic
- Read Arabic
- Write Arabic
- Recite the Quran
- Have thorough knowledge of Classical Arabic grammar
- The only thing you need is a pen and paper!
Arabic of the Quran from Beginner to Advanced is an easy to use, fun and interactive introduction to the language of the Quran. It's ideal for anyone interested in the Quran, Islam, Arabic, or the Middle East. All are welcome.
This course focuses on the Arabic language, not theology or doctrine.
The first section focuses on the Arabic script, its pronunciation, and its vocabulary. These build the foundation for understanding the language. The course occasionally focuses on rules for correct recitation, but this isn't necessary for completion of the course. You can skip the recitation sections at the end of the first section. Understanding is key.
The second section dives deep into Classical Arabic vocabulary and grammar.
It is my sincere hope that non-Muslims will come away with a better understanding of Islam and that Muslims will develop a deeper relationship with Allah.
The course covers 41 lessons through dynamic video lectures, PDF lessons, vocabulary lists and exercises. The course follows a structured and easy-to-use pattern developed by Rami Koujah, who studied Islam and Classical Arabic at UCLA and Oxford.
I highly encourage you to repeat words, phrases and sentences after me and the native speakers as you go through the lectures. This will speed up your learning by developing muscle memory and internalizing Arabic vowels and consonants.
After completing the Arabic of the Quran for Beginners course you will be able to read and recite the Quran accurately, and you will have a solid foundation of the most common vocabulary (over 1,000 items!) found in the Quran and Hadith (the sayings of the prophet Mohammad).
- Gain a deeper understanding Islam
- Have profound insight into the 1 billion+ strong Muslim world
- Deepen your relationship and understanding with your Muslim friends, colleagues, or even lover.
- Have a solid foundation for further studies in Islam, religion, the Middle East and its history, Modern Standard Arabic and modern Arabic dialects.
Those who sign up for the course will receive a discount on 1-on-1 Arabic lessons. Contact me for details.
Who this course is for:
- This Arabic course teaches Quranic and Classical Arabic from the the very beginning. We start with the Arabic alphabet and arrive at advanced grammar by the end of the course. Suitable for all levels.
- This is Arabic course is meant for anyone interested in Arabic or Islam, whether or not you're Muslim. It is suitable for anyone interested in the Arabic language, the Middle East, or its history.
Chris is a linguist from the eastern United States. He began learning Arabic at the University of Maryland, where he also earned a degree in linguistics. He continued his Arabic studies at Georgetown University and the American University in Cairo.
He discovered a talent for learning languages while studying Spanish in school. He went on to study German and Arabic in college. While working in Washington, D.C., he began taking Mandarin Chinese courses. He has lived in Thailand for 6 years, where he learned to speak, read and write Thai fluently. He has translated business documents from Thai to English.
Drawing on studies in second-language acquisition and two decades of learning languages, Chris teaches his tips and tricks to his own students. He has taught Quranic Arabic, Modern Standard Arabic, Egyptian Arabic, and Iraqi Arabic to students for 3 years.
Belal is a native Arabic speaker from Cairo, Egypt. He attended a bilingual British school where he also studied French. He earned a BA in Graphic Design from Helwan University and studied Spanish at the American University in Cairo. He brings his experience in learning languages and designing e-learning materials to bear on this course.