Approaching Accessibility with WCAG Compliance
What you'll learn
- What is WCAG and how to get the appropriate level of compliance
- Basics of ethics and legality in multiple countries
- Basic reporting tools like Lighthouse & axe DevTools (Deque)
- Basic automated testing in the browser
- The impact of in-accessible web apps different disability groups
- How to access web sites in the same way impaired users do
- No programming everything is about the compliance and using the browser for testing.
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) course is designed to provide an in-depth understanding of the principles and guidelines for creating accessible web content. Through a combination of lectures and hands-on exercises, participants will learn how to apply WCAG 2.0 and 2.1 to their own web content and design. The course will cover the following topics in detail:
Understanding the importance of web accessibility and the laws and regulations related to it.
Creating accessible text, including proper headings, alternative text for images, and text resizing options.
Techniques for creating accessible images, including alternative text and image maps.
Best practices for creating accessible multimedia, including captions, subtitles, and audio descriptions.
Designing accessible forms, including label associations, error handling, and providing clear instructions.
Techniques for creating accessible navigation, including keyboard-only navigation and proper use of ARIA.
Understanding how to test and evaluate web content for accessibility, including a manual checklist and using browsers tools to get a report for the basics. (we plan to keep this updated and should note browser testing will not catch everything)
Tips for maintaining accessible web content and keeping up with updates to WCAG guidelines.
Upon completion of the course, participants will have the knowledge and skills necessary to create web content that is accessible to individuals with disabilities. They will be able to apply WCAG guidelines to their own web content and design, and understand the importance of web accessibility in creating a more inclusive web for all users. Additionally, they will have the tools and techniques to test and evaluate their web content for accessibility, and maintain it over time.
Who this course is for:
- Web designers and developers
- Content creators and editors
- Digital accessibility professionals
- Project managers overseeing web development projects
- Quality assurance and testing professionals
- Marketing and communications professionals with responsibilities for web content
- Information technology professionals responsible for web infrastructure
- Human resource professionals responsible for accessibility in the workplace
- Government officials and employees responsible for creating accessible web content for government agencies.
Welcome to the Nerding I/O. We are a company of international collaborating developers who bring tips, tricks, eBooks, and courses to the world. Our goal is to spread knowledge on different helpful topics in the software development industry.
As seasoned online course creators and technology enthusiasts, we are passionate about empowering students to unlock their potential and reach new heights in their tech careers.
Do you want to master Chrome Extensions, dive deep into the world of Artificial Intelligence (AI), or decode the mysteries of Natural Language Processing (NLP)? Look no further. My comprehensive courses will guide you through every step, making these complex fields accessible and exciting.
In an era where digital accessibility is more important than ever, we also delve into the world of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). Learn how to create more inclusive digital spaces and make the web accessible to all.
As a proud advocate for the open-source community, we offer specialized courses on advanced tools like Hugging Face and Transformers. These deep learning libraries power today's most cutting-edge AI applications, and I'm thrilled to help you navigate these transformative technologies.
We are committed to providing up-to-date content that evolves with the rapidly changing tech landscape. Future courses are in the pipeline to ensure you stay ahead of the curve and continue to meet the demands of the tech industry.
Join us in this tech-forward learning journey and let's shape the future together!