- 1 hour on-demand video
- 2 articles
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Discover Appreciative Inquiry (AI) and its links to a strength-based approach to human development and organizational change.
- Identify the power of positive questioning and story-telling as effective ways to engage stakeholders in change efforts.
- Explore the Appreciative Inquiry (AI) change method in the form of the 4-D cycle.
- No advanced preparation or prerequisites are required for this course.
In this course we discuss the practice of Appreciative Inquiry (AI) as a collaborative and constructive inquiry process. We start with a brief overview of AI and its links to a strength-based approach to human development and organizational change versus a deficit-based change approach. This leads to a conversation about the power of positive questioning and storytelling as effective ways to engage stakeholders in change efforts, including a guide to conducting appreciative interviews, and the impact of ‘best past’ questions. Then, we explore the AI change method in the form of the 4-D cycle: Discovery, Dream, Design, and Destiny phases to tap into the core strengths of the organization.
This course examines the foundation principles of AI and the research that demonstrates the organizational impact of positive questions, and the relationship between positive possibilities of the future and the resulting actions.
- Anyone interested in human resources, management, leadership, or related fields.