Apply to Art and Design college: Create your portfolio
What you'll learn
- Learn how to make a distinction between the basic parts of Art and Design
- Learn how to to look around you, get inspired and how to use that inspiration
- Get insider tips on how to develop your own vision
- Master the use of basic materials
- Become an expert on the fundamental skill of visualization by means of a moodboard
- Learn the basic theory about Trends and complete an accompanied portfolio assignment
- Learn the basic theory about Graphic Design and complete an accompanied portfolio assignment
- Learn the basic theory about Photography and complete an accompanied portfolio assignment
- Learn the basic theory about Product Design and complete an accompanied portfolio assignment
- Learn the basic theory about Interior Design and complete an accompanied portfolio assignment
- Learn the basic theory about Fashion Design and complete an accompanied portfolio assignment
- Learn the basic theory about Fine Art and complete an accompanied portfolio assignment
- Learn how to reflect your portfolio assignments
- Learn how to deal with criticism
- Create a kick-ass Art & Design portfolio
- Learn how to prepare for the admission interview and get your nerves under control
- Learn how to write a personal essay / motivation letter
- Learn how to present and defend your work
- No previous knowledge needed. This course will teach you all the basics you need to know to create your portfolio and apply to Art and Design school, college or university
Welcome on my Udemy course to get into Art & Design College. You've probably arrived here by:
1) browsing Udemy
2) browsing my website
3) clicking on a free webinar banner leading you to this course.
For all the people that arrived through a free webinar banner, I have to thank you for your interest but apologize as I have my hands full coaching students, meaning I don't do free webinars anymore. The good news for everyone is: that my course is full of super valuable content and easily accessible.
So let's talk about people that DO get accepted into art & design college:
Well, most people that get accepted rely on their years of experience, talent and outstanding portfolio. But what if you don’t have all of these? Well, chances are, it’s gonna be pretty tough to get in.
But don’t give up your hopes and dreams already! There’s actually a set of steps you can take, to bypass those years of work, and get straight through the admission process.
Follow this short but effective course with informative videos and fun exercises to get started on your portfolio projects.
This course is perfect for you if you are...
Applying for an Art & Design school, but don’t know where to start
What is expected of me? What should I prepare? How do I know if I'm well prepared?
Confused by the Art & Design school application process
How do the admission board judge me? What will they ask during my interview? Is it a similar presentation as we learned in high school or is it different?
Trying to figure out if Art & Design school is the right fit for you
What is it like to study Art & Design? What is it all about? How do I know if I really like it?
My name is Sophie and I'm an application coach for aspiring Art and Design students. If you want personal guidance and claim your spot at your dream college, reach out to me to get more information about my personal coaching program. Also, please reach out if you have any questions or would like feedback on your portfolio work. firstname.lastname@example.org
Who this course is for:
- High-school students who want to apply to Art and Design school, college or university
- High-school students who want to find out if Art and Design is the right choice of study
My name is Sophie van Os, and I'm here to help you nail your Art & Design school admission. I was in the exact same spot you are now, when I was in high school and had to go through the tedious process of uncovering all of these unknowns by myself. Over the years, I have helped hundreds of people just like you to increase their odds of getting accepted to the Art & Design school of their dreams.