Applied Yoga Anatomy: 101 The Language of Anatomy & Movement
What you'll learn
- speaking the language of anatomy
- lesson planning on the 3 planes of movement
- analyzing the joint motions of a yoga pose
- how to self critique your classes to improve the balance and variety of joint motions
- an interest in deepening your understanding of yoga or anatomy
Welcome to the APPLIED YOGA ANATOMY Series
This is a multi-part series that takes a deeper dive into the APPLICATION of Anatomy & Body Science to being an Anatomy informed Yoga Teacher.
In this segment of the Series, our focus is the Language of Anatomy & Movement in Asana Practice, how that impacts lesson planning, sequencing poses, how to critique your classes and how to analyze joint movement in yoga poses to adapt to YOUR student's needs.
Topics covered in THIS segment of Applied Yoga Anatomy include:
- Why Yoga Teachers need to understand the Language of Anatomy & Movement
- Etomology of Anatomy Language (the greek/latin roots)
- The Terms of Body Position and Laterality (limb movement)
- The Terms of Location & Relationship (the foundation for studying the muscles)
- The 3 planes of movement
- The terms of Joint Movement + a 3D look at the skeletal system movements
- Anatomy informed Lesson Planning
- Smart sequencing with Pose Analysis for joint action
- How to critique your own classes to improve your anatomy based teaching skills
Why is this Anatomy course special?
-I incorporate my 15+ years of experience as a yoga teacher & therapist
- We utilize the Complete Anatomy App for a 3D view of the joint movements
- It focuses on one direct application to lesson planning, sequencing and pose analysis
- I utilize a variety of teaching techniques to keep you engaged!
- when you study anatomy online you can always go back and re-watch segments for clarification...no missed info!
- once you purchase the course- this information is yours forever!
Continuing Education Credits: (CEUs)
Upon completion of the course you will receive a certificate. This can be used to apply for CEU credits
- Registered Yoga Teachers with Yoga Alliance (YA) - I am a Yoga Alliance YACEP (Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Providor)
- Certified Yoga Therapists with the International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT)
Reach out to me on Udemy
Who this course is for:
- This course is intended for beginner to intermediate yoga students/teachers. A basic knowledge of yoga poses will be helpful but no prior anatomy knowledge is needed
I started teaching yoga and mat pilates in 2005 while I was earning my BA in Psychology. I went on to earn a Master's Degree in Occupational Therapy and have been working in physical rehabilitation since 2009. In 2015 I completed my training as a Massage Therapist with a specialty in the treatment of the Lymphatic System. My passion is to combine the traditional medical model with the complementary techniques offered in eastern traditions through my work as a Yoga Therapist.